Ilmberger bellypan

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weesonha

Reaction score
Hi folks. Does anyone know where I can purchase the fitting kit for the 2011 Ilmberger bellypan? Is it actually required?

cheers in advance

Really!? Naaaah surely not. Lol even with the race bellypan? I thought that bellypan is specifically made for straight through exhaust systems.

Give me a shout bananaman when you are look to sale please.

I need to take my Ilmberger off for a good clean I'm going to do.
I have a rear harris stand. But no front stand atm.

Q. Do I need the front wheel off to get the belly pan off?
Q. Would a front paddock stand allow enough access when removing it?
Q. Would I be better off getting a Spider/Chassis lift?

I removed the original belly pan from my 15 with only a rear paddock stand to fit the radiator guard. If the carbon is one piece then it might foul the ground when taking it off?

A lift may be a good idea, if you buy one put a review on here as it may be my next purchase. ( after my rearsets, exhaust and carbon belly pan):wink-new:

The spider at ?165 from Demon Tweeks seems cheapest. It would be cool to be able to push the bike around :)

I know it will stay on but the single sided nature of it does worry me. The Abba skylift is the ultimate but well I could have a Spider in each side for less (not sure that's technically possible but you get the point).

You can get the belly pan off with just the rear stand but it will be tight. Instead of a front stand you could just roll the bike front wheel on to a piece of 4x2 or couple of bits of decking board to give the extra height. Or stop being a tight arse and get a front stand, they are useful :).

The pan does flex a bit, it is not completely rigid. It needs dropping then rotating 45 degrees to manoeuvre it out. If you are worried about scratching it on the ground just get some bubble wrap or cardboard for the floor.

Back