Broke front indicator at Thruxton... LEDs needed

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 445

Reaction score
I came in contact with a cone at Thruxton last week and lost my NSF indicator :(

I was thinking of using this as an opportunity to upgrade to the LEDs.

Can anybody recommend best place to buy - and will i need to get ECU updates by dealership?

Cheers
D

At the price you might be better buying from your dealer, i might be mistaken but i think they are ?22-?25 each from BMW. Not a lot cheaper to buy off eBay. Similarly a rear hugger from your local dealer is ?21 and I have seen second hand ones on eBay go for ?30-?35. Sometime your arse twitches when a dealer gives you a quote other times they are surprising in a good way.
I have changed normal bulb indicators on Adventures for LEDs and have never had an issue, but I have always changed all 4 to be the same. I wouldn't think you needed any ecu update.

Good luck with your mods.

JimmyMac

Thanks JM! I think you might be on the money there bud. I'm gonna call them today to get them ordered ;)

Cheers
D

Turns out BMW dealers cant compete on price with BMW Motorad UK - based in Germany! They were more than happy for me to go direst - and said most people do?

So full set installed - but it does have to go to dealers to have ECU updated.

Hey FB,

I did it as part of the IAM event - they do 4 a year. If you do it, make sure you go for the highest in the fast group. You still have to do their training process but you'll be left to your own more as the day unfolds.

I like to treat them as a training day to polish my skills further where no ones trying to steal apexs from you or doing bike shake downs etc. Good time spent being smoother and technical...

Oh, after fitting the LED indicators YOU DO need to take to dealers t update the ecu - or put up with the error and fast flash. My dealership said theyll do for free! Bless 'em :)

Back