S1000RR 2015 Seat Cowl Fitting Mod

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol. You describe yourself perfectly Jimmy...an honest man is a good man !.. I didnt even get a sniff of the seat after skimpily dressed skank was on it... !

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sniff the seat? I'd be rubbing the skid marks off, lol.
50780ce37b19ece5a1764d88330edd47.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahaha, surprised you've no given them a bad revue on trip advisor.....

Just look at the price of the new Dyson Supersonic hairdryer Stu, ?299 or you can get the Limited Edition for ?349. Think how much you've saved over the years compared to the hairy amongst us.

Your lucky that your head suits your haircut. When I had my RAF, Police obligatory nazi cut, I realised that my head is the shape of a Doc Martin shoe box. So now its hidden under under a mane of thick hair to add to my Adonis good looks.

Get down to that Salon and demand a new Dyson, I'll trade you a set of Lightech chain adjusters for it, lol.

JimmyMac

Mane of thick hair !!!! Earth to JimmyMac, its more commonly known as a comb over !!!!

Hey Dunc, now I know why you are growing your Gandalf like beard so long!!!!!!!!!
Only another couple of months and you'll be there, lol.

3/1
This will be Stuart next season, haha.

2910e692a7fb0a0088830f83baf4dc37.png

JimmyMac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all. I'm still running in my new 2015, simply can't wait for the limiter to be removed next Friday. The bike is great - fast even when limited.

Took a bit of getting used to as I came over from Blades, which I've ridden for years....had an 06, an 07, an 08, and then my last 09 HRC. Although the S1K has and similar feeling geometry, its very different, but I absolutely love it already! Roomy, fast, smooth...and loads of technogadgets :)

Suspension setup was fun, couldnt set up the rear sag easily but I'm now on +2 front and rear, feels great.

One area I didn't like was the rear seat fitting, so one of first mods was to see what I could do about it. Turns out that it's pretty simple to get the cowl to fit well.

You need a straight price of plastic extrusion, 30mm x 5mm, 1 meter lengths are available in white from B&Q. Cut two 52mm rectangles, and drill holes in these 12mm from one end.

1. Remove the cowl
2. Remove the two screws holding the metal hinge, and remove the hinge bracket and the two washers
3. Fit the two plastic rectangles in place of the bracket using the existing screws, so that they form two prongs that slip into the tail body, under the lip.

Job done! Refit the cowl, it's now firmly in place with no unsightly gap!

I'll pop up some photos if I can work out how to do it if and anybodies interested.

Cheers
Richie
Cant see pics

Back