2015 model recall - gear lever

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too just got a call about the recall. I'm in Austin TX, so it looks like some US bikes are affected too. Just bought my 2015 SkRs last Tuesday, and I got the call today. They don't have the part in stock, but he said he could get one overnighted and get the bike back to me by tomorrow.

Got this off the yank site if it helps?..............I picked up my bike. She so damn smooth now.

@Elk

Nope, I showed up with a modded S1kRR (HP rearsets, etc...). The dealership still replaced the shifter arm. No questions asked.

For folks that want recall details:

BMW defect code: 00 23 11 00 00

FRU number: 2341329

New part number to be installed: 23418548394 Gearbox shift lever.

Current lever has a manufacturing defect that causes various issues. Take above info and go to your dealership folks. Be safe!

I phoned about the 2nd service and asked if my bike needed the recall, yes was the answer but the gear levers on back order. 2nd service due mid July so hopefully get it done then and the cornering abs software which is ?357 plus fitting giving a total of roughly ?400 plus ?180 for the service. Better get saving !

Just had my gear crank lever replaced at the 2nd service.

Just phoned dealer and yes mine 'needs it' I find it hard to believe that for a tuppeny bit and a ten min job they can't post it? It's not as if big end bolts are falling out lol. 3hr round trip + tank of fuel ....

Got mine done today along with abs pro. Shifter feels more rigid either way in a good way though.

Yeah i'm with you Beavis, the gear change seams smoother to me.

my bike's previous owner had it replaced under warranty, hope nothing else is defective:eek-new:

Latest posts

Back