Fleece over leathers

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Slightly odd question.

I'd like to get a fleece to wear over my leathers on a cooler day, if I normally take a M-L (40-42" chest) top would you expect an XL Fleece to fit over leathers (inc the armoured arms and hump).

Slightly odd question.

I'd like to get a fleece to wear over my leathers on a cooler day, if I normally take a M-L (40-42" chest) top would you expect an XL Fleece to fit over leathers (inc the armoured arms and hump).

I'd recommend a Knox Wind Buddy. I wear a size L over size 44 RST leathers and if fits fine with no flapping. Advantage is that it is also shower-proof and can be worn as a casual jacket off the bike.

A good bit of kit.

I'm currently looking into something like this to keep the road kill off my new (when I get them ) leathers . Surely a long sleeved top of some description is way easier to clean ( bung in washing machine ) than leathers !! Any one agree ?

I'm currently looking into something like this to keep the road kill off my new (when I get them ) leathers . Surely a long sleeved top of some description is way easier to clean ( bung in washing machine ) than leathers !! Any one agree ?
Excellent idea, totally agree.

I'm not so worried about the roadkill, more the cold kill, without having a layer stuffed inside the leathers (I wear a base layer and a chest plate).
Thanks for the suggestion on the Knox Wind Buddy and sizing. Looks ideal. Does cost a bit.

I'm not so worried about the roadkill, more the cold kill, without having a layer stuffed inside the leathers (I wear a base layer and a chest plate).
Thanks for the suggestion on the Knox Wind Buddy and sizing. Looks ideal. Does cost a bit.

Dennis Winters in Yorkshire are doing the Wind Buddy at a good price (http://www.denniswinter.com/search/wind-buddy). The picture and description are of the original model, but I can guarantee that I got the latest version.

I use a soft shell jacket so keeps the cold at bay and gives a bit of rain protection as well. I've got an IOM TT one but I'm sure you can get them in sports direct for maybe ?20.

Back