Alex - S1000RR - 2012 - Black

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought it was a risk, putting the Ohlins and Bitubo on. I thought the ride might be stiff and jarring. But its first 100mile blast I'm delighted by its on road plushness. The suspension soaked up a lot of road imperfections. :)

Also I've all but lost the vibrations in the bars at 5000rpm. Trouble is I've no way to identify which parts helped! Gilles lever guards and exhaust have to be the biggest contributors.

- Sent from Mobile Device

Hmm, LiFePo4 batteries. I don't have a damned charger yet and I found the battery, having been left 6days was pancaked. There is no way to rig up a charger by the bike, as I'm in a block of flats, I have to take the battery out.

I have 2 drains on the battery, the tracker and the Digitek leads, (the latter claiming to switch off at 12.4v).

That's ruined today, I'll get a charger but I may have to consider replacing the LiFePo4 with something more capacious.

Alex - I do like that carbon bellypan. Where can you get those?

Hi Simon, I got it second hand off a previous member. If I was looking for a new one I'd probably just go on eBay and look for 'Ilmberger S1000RR Bellypan' then find a street/road variant for the age of RR I have.

Alfred from APM on here could source you a Carbon Six equivalent which would be just as nice.

- Sent from Mobile Device

Few little updates;
Lightech Crash Bungs w Blue rubberised cushions, these cushions look like they will really help with taking a shock load. The whole unit is more compact than the R&G Aero's.
R&G Tail Covers - Carbon pieces for crash protection, however I wanted them for wear and tear. The paint on the panels is soft and bags mark it easily, these along with the venture shield should keep things in good condition.
Fake 'M' Badges...I think I may have to re-angle them.

FIN_0003_zpsd6wqzp5o.jpg

FIN_0005_zpsdmlu1gv3.jpg

FIN_0011_zpsm8todfkv.jpg

FIN_0012_zpsnflaum2h.jpg

FIN_0004_zps8dl18l4v.jpg

There be some rather large chicken/turkey strips on those tyres Alex.

Is the blue on the inserts a good match for the hp4 blue?

There be some rather large chicken/turkey strips on those tyres Alex.

Is the blue on the inserts a good match for the hp4 blue?

Yeah, never got any confidence at Snetterton to hold a high lean angle. Since, I've found the steering damper was on stupid light (nervous handling), the suspension settings have been changed (stronger rebound control (slower rebound) and less compression damping (faster compression)). I've also just been sat on it playing with the position of the pegs, to give myself more room and put them in a position to push forwards on (so further back).

The Blue is pretty good, it's never going to be 100%. It's listed as Indigo..so I think it's brighter blue.

Last edited:
cant wait to see the bike on Hunstanton front :cool: looks absolutely stunning
am picking mine up in a few weeks .After seeing this bike i cannot wait!!!!!!!!

New Updates for April.

I went to refit my spare, cast wheels tonight before the trip to Wales next week.
I weighed the wheels complete inc Brembo Discs + all spacers + cush drive sprocket. Cast rear has a SuperSprox Rear 45T Sprocket, the forged have their HP4 esq cush drive and Talon 45T sprocket. Cast with Conti Sport Attack tyres, Forged with Metzeler RR K3's.
Front Cast 11.3Kg
Rear Cast 15.7Kg

Titax Front Forged 11.0Kg
Titax Rear Forged 12.9Kg

Clearly 2 things stand out, the rear is a huge difference, nearly 3kg's, the front barely anything!

I also fitted Lightech Axle Protectors and swing arm bobbins. I knew before ordering they were not the right blue to even match their own crash bungs but hey ho.
Things I learned;
1. I reused the washers from the R&G swingarm spools to push them out further, this was because the Harris stand was likely to damage the carbon swingarm covers in the standard, more flush position.
2. How to change the wheels - literally never done a rear, gulp.
3. 1 of the fitment rings for the lightech axle bobbins is specific to the front hex bolt (even though the 2 large diameter ones look the same on first look - if you buy them you'll know what I mean). You've put the wrong one in the rear right hand side if it instantly snug without doing it up.
4. The black wheels look pretty good...did I need the blue ones... lol

2016-04-072019.27.57_zpsloy4vsiy.jpg

2016-04-07%2019.28.36_zpswnek3i3d.jpg

2016-04-072022.42.18_zpsfaknfp95.jpg

505434e1-aea9-467e-ade7-bdad06749489_zpssh6xguhk.jpg

Added a sticker too ;)
2016-04-07%2022.19.57_zpsyfjn7af2.jpg

2016-04-07%2022.22.33_zpsddg7epew.jpg

This was before I added the spacer to the spools.
2016-04-07%2022.23.09_zpsojofmi5w.jpg

2016-04-07%2022.22.49_zps0zymp8pv.jpg

Last edited:
Couple of little updates.

I have put the blue wheels back on ready for the Snetterton day fast approaching. Lets hope for sun!
In doing so I found that the allen key screws for the Lightech axle bobbins are made of a toffee like material. Sigh. You pay lots for these things, and they supply cr*p nuts and bolts every time. So, in the bag of nuts and bolts I have saved from the winter update (Probolt replaced lots of the stockers), I found some nice torx bolts that are the same length and pitch. They don't tear up when you do them up and undo them!

I finished putting on the GTechniq C1 and EVO paint protection...nothing to show for that but it's feeling nice to the touch.

I have added a 2015 Full Six Carbon tail cowl. I got it from Conquest Carbon and the experience led me to suggest we bring them in as a forum trader :)
However, you need some extra parts to fit it, and then some fettling to fit a 2012. I got the 2015 as I wanted the flat top look.
You need the seat lock holder - BMW PN: 52538549430 - and the lock and hinge bracket off of my OEM Tail Cowl.
I had to add about 3-4mm of washers to fit both the lock and hinge bracket in the right place. It's very snug still.
2016-05-01%2019.35.08_zpsalmrzyko.jpg

I also got a small RAM Mount bracket which has an 9mm hole and a 1" ball. I've used one of the LHS mirror bolts to mount it. This gives me a new camera mount for the time the stewards get stupid over the handle bar mount (it has happened) and an alternative for mounting the phone in its Ultimate Addons case.
2016-04-28%2021.03.54_zpscgz6qcyh.jpg

2016-04-28%2021.03.36_zpsq9wlwuc4.jpg

Last edited:
looking good alex, that looks like a great bit of space to work in plenty of room unlike my lockup which is half filled with sh@#e

And now we have the touring update :)

Attachments

• image-615581952.jpg
    image-615581952.jpg
    501 KB · Views: 105
Have you thought about putting a 2015 seat pad on? I found it looked pretty good

There is a post yesterday about it alex on here with photo. I cant get a photo on here from my phone ffs. Think we are friends on fb. You can see pics on my page with it fitted

Fitted a Bazzaz... got 197HP... AFR's seem off in the long run still but I'm waiting on some more info from the tuner.
I chose the Bazzaz as it controls all 8 injectors and has per gear adjustment - the pull from 3000 in 6th isn't a normal thing to do, so the focus was on smooth drive through the gears.
The graphs raise some questions as well as answering others so don't get too hung up on them. The butt dyno found it much smoother to ride, there was less snatch at low loads when in town. Soof felt it was pulling well on the Bentley Straight too ;)

In gear
Screen%20Shot%202016-05-10%20at%2017.23.30_zps3vtoun9f.png

Through gears
Screen%20Shot%202016-05-10%20at%2017.23.11_zps2cllnit1.png

Last edited:
The butt dyno doesn't lie!! Just as an aside Track Electronics where the work above was done is where a lot of UK '15 R1 owners are beating a track to as they are one of the main agents for veloxracing flash tunes which sort out the jerky low rev throttle response and adds in the desirable autoblipper

Back