Paint Protection Film - (Clear 'Bra' in the US)

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i fitted ventureshiled to my HP4 the kit was about ?100, there is a skill to fitting it you need to ensure the bike is clean and hands are clean have a heat gun to hand.
If you don't get it on right you can removed it heat it up and refit it again.
I once had a bike that had it fitted by a supplied and it was barley visible

I had my HP4 venture shielded at the dealership before I took delivery.

if it's done well it's hardly noticeable, done badly and it looks like a dogs dinner.

on your bike Alex I wouldn't bother as it's got a few miles on it already and a touch up kit will sort any chips easily enough for a fraction of the cost. If you were to do your bike now you'd really need the paint to be perfect which is a pita (clay bar etc...) and would have to be indoors to avoid any pollutants. Don't bother is my advice.

on a new bike I'd recommend getting it done as it's not that much money to protect the paint when it's got zero miles on it.

edit - having said all that, my other bike has 40k on the clock and the fairing paint is still pristine without any venture shield....

Last edited:
Had my last Fireblade done and this one straight from the dealers. Blade was ?150 guy coming to my house , this one ?200 before I took delivery. Both jobs are good not brilliant though. However it does save the paint work and in the grand scheme of things ?200 on a nearly ?16k bike its a n brainier really.

Cool - good to hear you're all reasonably happy with it. No scare stories

Soof - yeah not for my bike in it's current guise...more thinking about the future and/or some custom panels/paint work. I don't mind doing the claying now and again in the mean time.

Interesting, you'll have the masking tape the bike to death or remove the panels...

Interesting, you'll have the masking tape the bike to death or remove the panels...

It's easy to take the panels off and spray them away from the bike, allow to dry and refit. The only bit the venture shield covers which is not *easily* removable are the tank sides.

I'm tempted to take the panels off and bring them into the flat for cleaning...might be single shortly afterwards though.

I'm tempted to take the panels off and bring them into the flat for cleaning...might be single shortly afterwards though.

Lol. And your dilemma is???

Seriously though if you are getting a CF nose fairing at some point you'll need to take most of the front apart to fit it along with the sides so then would be the best time get on match.com

:D I'll bear it in mind...but Match.com is too expensive :p (got the current one from a free site ;) )

BTW, someone in the US mentioned this stuff to me the other night so I have got some on order from UF and will let you know how it goes:

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/3m/paint-defender-spray-film.aspx

I tested this spray on a couple of spare fairings this week. It is very simple to use, and the result is an invisible coating (impressive on gloss black). I can see a slight 'orange peel' surface effect in a couple of areas if I'm being ocd but that might be over application by me, not the product. I haven't tried peeling it off because I don't want to but it does do what it says on the tin. A tin of spray would probably do all the rr fairings. I'm going to wait for winter when I strip the fairings and treat them all at that point.

first impressions is that the spray is a better finish than the venture shield stick on stuff because there is no outline at all, you spray to the edges. It is questionable how long the treatment will last, my existing stick on ventureshield is 2 years old and no problems, the spray stuff says 1 year, but I presume that is based on a car and being used daily all year round....so it should last a long time too...

Nice work. I've nothing booked involving long trips after Donington so maybe after that I'll get her stripped down, cleaned up ready to apply some of this 3M protector.
BTW, heard nothing about Snetterton so am guessing no drop outs.

Thanks, it does appear to be the way forward for paint protection on the bike, and relatively cheap.

That's a shame about Snetterton, the forecast for Monday is good. Have you emailed him?

Just received one! But alas I can't, i forgot in the mean time my colleagues both took the day off. I have to hold the fort...

Back