Race Mode

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

PhilHays

Hi All,

I'm usually a cautious motorbike rider, not overly agressive and don't take risks... But having now owned an S1000RR for little over a week, I took it around Selby on Saturday, stopped at Squires for a cuppa tea. Then thought, as it's a nice day, I'll have a go of the 'Race' Mode...

Oh My God... Somebody pinch me. I thought 'Sport' Mode was good, but 'Race' Mode is something else... The just bike became something else. The speeds, throttle response, the noise it made! I was like letting the animal outta the cage (a bit), but felt effortless & natural and loads of fun. Big 'um smiles. I could never have never ridden my last bike like that (BMW K1200R S). It was "AWESOME". And I've yet to even dare select 'Slick'...

Is it just me being niave or do all Super Bikes ride this good?

Phil

hi phil, a real animal but forgiving too (within reason of course), have fun mate, rubber side down. i intend too with another week of work and the weather being kind. 8)

Cheers Jamie,

You're in Sheffield? Giz a shout if you wanna play-out when weather's nice.

Actually it would be a cool sight to site an entire rally made up of S1000RR's... Cruising effortlessly past the 'Harley Davidson' crowd.

count me in too please.
I live at the other end of the A628 , saw a few beemers out yesterday as well

lmao phil, yes be good to meet up. once spring hits im out one of the two days over the weekend more often than not, or even an evening when clocks change. someones needs to come up with a few dates as options (notice how i slyly said someone ;D ) , I was at willingham woods sunday bob in Lincolnshire, 2 there too

PhilHays link=topic=598.msg5739#msg5739 date=1331544915 said:
Is it just me being niave or do all Super Bikes ride this good?
To answer your question Phil, when in Race Mode the S1000RR is similar to Most other 1000cc SuperBikes but just a little bit better ;)

Stupid question but is that the same for the 2012 model? The brochure suggests throttle response in rain mode is different but the same for road and race. The suggestion was that the only difference in road and race was how DTC and ABS worked.

The bike I tested was limited to 9k but it seemed the same (to me) in road and race. Rain was a LOT different (about the same as my 2010 Fireblade). Perhaps I wasn't ragging it enough...

Allan

Throttle response to me seemed a little smoother. Also it has 11 degree less angle from closed to 100% throttle.

Godsilla,

Are you sure about the 11 degrees for the 2012 model. The brochure only shows 2 lines for throttle response. One for rain and the other for road/race. Perhaps 11 degrees is too small to show as seperate lines on a diagram which is only about 2inch square.

I've had a look at teh BMW web site but can't find anything about it on there.

Allan

11 degree less angle is about they way throttle "travel" from fully close to fully open, in other words you have to twist throttle less to open it up, but this will have no effect on power graphs, same regarding throttle "spring tension" it's easier to twist it on 2012 but this again, won't make any difference on graphs, it's just to enhance your experience :)

Back