HP4 Motorsport

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soofsayer

Forum Admin
Reaction score
Hi All,

I bought some custom fairings from SBK in Hong Kong painted in the Motorsport colours from the 2015 MotoGP safety car, using the 2014 MotoGP safety bike design. These are intended for trackdays (that I ride to) so the originals are kept safe. Really like the result and the product is excellent. Thinking of keeping them on the bike semi-permanently. I took a few pics last night on a ride to scrub in my new set of Metzeler M7RRs.

Couple of things I am not 100% about:

Tank - thinking white doesn't look right?
Front mudguard - change it for a carbon, or have one made with the same tricolour scheme like the original HP4 design? The Pirelli lettering is wrong as not what I use.

Thoughts / comments appreciated...

Looks great - factory spec in fact. Look forward to seeing it on the 12th/13th :)

Could you let me know the cost of the kit (shipped) and the costs of painting it?

Looks great - factory spec in fact. Look forward to seeing it on the 12th/13th :)

Could you let me know the cost of the kit (shipped) and the costs of painting it?

Cheers bud. I ordered my kit without the belly pan so it was a bit cheaper. Payment is in USD via Paypal to SBK. At the time it worked out at ?530 including shipping and the paint job (they do it all and send it completed, just needs fitting). Import duty was just short of ?30. I don't know if that is expensive for what it is, to me it seemed fair value. Took about 3 weeks to be delivered.

They have loads of designs on their website to choose from. I didn't want the 2014 safety bike colours so I got them to change the colour scheme for me - and it's nice to have something unique :). Farid is the guy over there and he has been very helpful and responsive.

Looks great, do you know whether it would fit a 2015RR ?

What's their website address

Looks great.
Id be happy leaving it as it is but I know what you mean about the tank.
Can you wrap the tank rather than paint it?
What about mirroring the design lines on the fairing for the mudguard?

Looks great.
Id be happy leaving it as it is but I know what you mean about the tank.
Can you wrap the tank rather than paint it?
What about mirroring the design lines on the fairing for the mudguard?

Black wrap is a good idea I reckon...
Also wondered about using plastidip. I have a tin of black spray spare in the garage at the mo, but it might look rubbish.

Agree about the mudguard, food for thought.

Hi Soofsayer,
I'm thinking about ordering a set of fairings off these guys too. How did you find the fit? Did all panels line up nicely? Did you have to modify it at all (drill new/enlarge holes etc....)
Thanks, Tino

Hi Soofsayer,
I'm thinking about ordering a set of fairings off these guys too. How did you find the fit? Did all panels line up nicely? Did you have to modify it at all (drill new/enlarge holes etc....)
Thanks, Tino

Fitting was fine, no drilling or bending, everything was spot on apart from three holes that had not been 'put through' fully, so a screwdriver through them sorted it. The side fairings had no clips for the indicator wires so cable tied instead. Getting the panels lined up exactly took a little bit of messing with the flat nut positioning, but I expect that would be the same with any replacement fairings. In hindsight it's easier to have a pack of flat nuts (now acquired) so as not to have to take them off the oe panels, speed the job up. I was rather nervous about the nose section but that was not a problem. Had loads of fun with getting the tail fairings off because of the way they are held together, but overall not bad at all. After a quick spin I've noticed the nose fairing has receded slightly from its original position making the lights slightly proud, so they may need adjusting in due course.

Ah cool, thanks for that. Tempted by both the World Endurance paintscheme and the motogp safety bike. Now just have to decide!

looks great that mate, i would buy a cheap tank and get it painted the same colour scheme and keep hp4 tank with your hp4 fairings (safe) lol

After much waiting, the painted front wheel guard arrived today. So just waiting for some carbon protection to turn up from our German friend and its job done, just in time for winter hibernation :(.

04E14F22-D65A-45D9-810F-ECF1DAEB613A_zpsizqr9vpf.jpg

FD9CE24C-195B-405B-9E53-4CF7CCBA248F_zpsxsbvimp6.jpg

6AC169D0-C879-48F8-8F20-2B2C12079853_zpsel9ijzhi.jpg

Such a pampered princess of a bike in its bag! (Jealous that you can!)

The new front fender looks better than the last ;) :D

Back