Opinions please - Bike Change Maybe?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StuOnTwo

Reaction score
Ok so I'll basically get straight the chase. I've just come back from a tour of europe on the s1000rr sport. I did 3300 miles... the bike was fantastic. even with luggage.... at no point did I feel the bike made me uncomfortable, however I am 6'2 and ab out 19 stone.... I have 2 compressed discs in my lower back which translates into pain in my hips... and notably my right one on this trip was pretty bad...

The problem is I properly love my bike.... and I mean that so much, I really don't want to get rid of it...

My plan is to try and lose about 6 stone in weight in the next year and hope this resolves my problems, but if not I'm going to have to look at alternative bikes....

The options I've narrowed down to are either

S1000R or the new S1000XR

Your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated.

S1000XR would be a sweet ride. I'm too short for that bike which is a bummer. For power a little more power/tq look into the ZZR1400. Great bike for touring.

Get some hp rearsets they transform the bike and make it much more comfortable

You can get flat bar conversion and top yoke for the rr, might be easiest

If you haven't already got them have you considered adjustable rearsets, HP ones?

You can get flat bar conversion and top yoke for the rr, might be easiest

My friend had the ac schnitzer super bike steering conversion done on his rr. I think it was around ?1k. I think Bins on here also did his? with that and the hp rearsets, maybe heli bars, you'll be ok with the bike. My thoughts on other bikes would be I would first test ride the XR and/or the GS, maybe a duc multi?, maybe a sports tourer also (they are very fast and a bit more comfy IMO). I would not consider the r.

hey Stu.....just a thought and please don't read too much in to the (rather extreme) title!
http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/watch-fat-sick-and-nearly-dead/

I know quite a few people who have lost a serious amount of weight on the back of this documentary.....it's pretty compelling stuff!
I also have a huge network of friends (Facebook groups etc...including Joe!) .....I can introduce you if you like? PM me if you think this could be for you? ;-)

Ive been juicing for about 12 months after watching Joe, what cavey is saying is well worth considering , I had to change my lifestyle but never felt better , was 17,3 , am now now 14 and feel much better for it and still having a mean green daily.
For the record I'd try the XR over the R , no fairing is no fecking fun at all :( or alternatively helibars are pretty good too.
Having said that I really like my strada , though its super fucking expensive to service , I'd never sell it.....................................................just yet

Ive been juicing for about 12 months after watching Joe, what cavey is saying is well worth considering , I had to change my lifestyle but never felt better , was 17,3 , am now now 14 and feel much better for it and still having a mean green daily.
For the record I'd try the XR over the R , no fairing is no fecking fun at all :( or alternatively helibars are pretty good too.
Having said that I really like my strada , though its super fucking expensive to service , I'd never sell it.....................................................just yet

juice on Bob!! ;-)

I have tried the XR and its well worth a try, it is comfortable and sounds amazing when in dynamic mode.

The handling and ride are very comfortable with the DDC

Latest posts

Back