Suspension settings. Can't get to manual spec

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DDC Setup

Dealership setup and working race knowledge of the DDC system is fairly limited in most cases. They are generally able to advise on the marketing aspects of the system but not much else.

I spoke to the my motored dealer who spoke to there "technician" and they have no idea how to set the sag also was not able to tell me the factory settings ! iv now had to take measurements off a mates bike set mine the same and hope for the best !

I spoke to the my motored dealer who spoke to there "technician" and they have no idea how to set the sag also was not able to tell me the factory settings ! iv now had to take measurements off a mates bike set mine the same and hope for the best !

I find that quite shocking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, Me too ! iv been back on the phone to them asking for the factory settings and the service manager e'mailed me info on fork diameters, oil levels, air gaps etc, nothing about sag/rider sag settings or how much preload it had out of the factory, my own fault for not counting turns and just diving in, i was in-between sessions at donnington and just did not think.

If you are on fb then contact phil crowey. He gave me all the measurements . Sag , fork length and geometery. It was for my 2014 set up but he is now racing a 2015 and will help out

Just a thought on this; I was reading "Total Control" at the weekend and a quote from it made me think of this thread.

"Forks that do have external preload adjustment have spring preload even when set to the minimum adjustment. It is incorrect to assume that the fork has no preload if the adjuster is backed out all the way."

I wonder if there is a statement on the minimum preload and that you ADD that too your calculations when setting the sag etc?

Back