BMW S1000RR Sport

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Must admit that I have not been won over by the long Akrapovic and hope that they may make a short one, I was tempted to get an arrows or a racefit

Akrapović HP Slip-On Exhaust

I'm not overly concerned about aesthetics to be honest. The good thing about the Akrapović exhaust is that it passes noise testing with ease and is quieter when on full throttle going through the sound trap on track. I have also purchased the optional removable baffle for trackdays at Donington Park where at times the noise limits are even stricter than the MSV circuits. With hindsight, and as much as I like the Arrow exhaust, I would have probably opted for the Akrapović.

2D GPS Laptrigger

I've completed a fair few trackdays on my S1000RR now and the onboard laptimer is ok but the biggest drawback is it requires manual activation each lap. I've since spoken to alpha Racing and they have supplied me with a 2D GPS Laptrigger. This plugs directly into the accessory socket on the bike and displays automatic lap times based on a stored GPS starting line. Each time you cross the start/finish line it automatically displays the lap time on the dash. A tad expensive but highly effective and given that transponders and timing equipment are generally frowned upon at trackdays this is ideal.

2D GPS Laptrigger

P1030015_zpsj4u6f953.jpg

P1030009_zpsr09ny59z.jpg

Thanks for the write up, sounds ideal, could you link to it? If by chance it works with the hp4 I'd likely be getting one.

2D GPS Laptrigger

There are cheaper alternatives out there but BMW and 2D are synonymous with each another. Importantly for me this one is 'plug and play' and it works with the existing display.

I agree. Take it that the wiring is very easy? The online PDF is either vague or it's incredibly straight forward.

2D GPS Laptrigger

The 2D GPS Laptrigger is supplied with a 2D adapter cable. You simply remove the right side panel, tank side panel and seat and follow the existing wiring. The adapter cable then plugs directly into the supplied accessory socket on the bike, so yes, it is straightforward.

I've got the BMW GPS data logger which plugs into the existing wiring loom. Are you saying I can configure it so it will bring my times up on the dash screen?

I've got the BMW GPS data logger which plugs into the existing wiring loom. Are you saying I can configure it so it will bring my times up on the dash screen?

No you cant, unless they have changed it for 2015.

2D GPS Laptrigger

The HP Race Datalogger cannot be configured to do this on the 2015 model either; it only records data. For automatic lap times to be displayed on the dash you need to buy the 2D GPS Laptrigger.

Thanks for this. I use the Aim Solo anyway for which I think is brilliant.

Thanks for this. I use the Aim Solo anyway for which I think is brilliant.

Get the Solo DL and you will get all the Data to review that the BMW logger has plus you will see your laptimes :)

2D GPS Laptrigger

I'm personally content with the HP Race Datalogger and 2D GPS Laptrigger. For me they do exactly as advertised and I don't need anything else.

Get the Solo DL and you will get all the Data to review that the BMW logger has plus you will see your laptimes :)

Choices, choices. How easy is the solo dl installation? Where do you fix the display on the bike?

Choices, choices. How easy is the solo dl installation? Where do you fix the display on the bike?

You get a bracket in the kit that mounts it on the top triple clamp, plug a wire into it and the other end into your CAN bus, the plug under your seat that the alarm plugs into and thats it.
If you also buy the camera you can automatically overlay your data on the video.......like this...:-

https://youtu.be/ubKu7JvzCjY
or this
https://youtu.be/PJokZB5HHoo

Regards
Davy

Thanks Davy. Think I'll go with that setup plus the camera as I'm on a steep learning curve and the vid with telemetry is going to be very helpful.

2D GPS Laptrigger

You can't really go wrong with either set up. I'm now just looking forward to my next trackday; but this time with Pirelli slicks fitted...

Back