BMW S1000RR Sport

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the write up and pics :). The tear pattern on the tyre from being overinflated - do you have a pic by any chance?

Bridgestone RS10

Unfortunately I didn't take a picture of it. It was instantly apparent what the issue was when I came back in from the session. As soon as I lowered hot pressures by a couple of psi it cleared up the tyre wear nicely before any damage was done and grip levels improved.

Re: Bridgestone RS10

Unfortunately I didn't take a picture of it. It was instantly apparent what the issue was when I came back in from the session. As soon as I lowered hot pressures by a couple of psi it cleared up the tyre wear nicely before any damage was done and grip levels improved.

No probs fella. I'm trying to learn some of the nuances of suspension and tyre pressure setup, find your comments very interesting. Thanks.

Trackday

downloadh_010615_3368_snetterton_zpsrvr078op.jpg

downloadh_010615_2322_snetterton_zpsxkhabpo4.jpg

downloadh_010615_3291_snetterton_zps5wfwi2ao.jpg

downloadh_010615_2854_snetterton_zpsktweboso.jpg

downloadh_010615_3292_snetterton_zpsn3k9aiws.jpg

downloadh_010615_3583_snetterton_zpsm49ldu4h.jpg

Great pics. You guys are so lucky having tracks close by. Closest one to me is a 7 hour plus round trip

Trackday

Thanks. Snetterton is my local circuit so I'm there fairly frequently. I'm now looking forward to my next trackday in July.

BMW HP Parts

The final HP part for this season has arrived for my bike during the week...

BMW HP Brake Lever Guard

I ordered my HP Brake Lever Guard back in April and they are now finally available after being on back order for so long. I've used these for several seasons now and there have been a couple of incidents on trackdays where brake lever guards have saved me from some very expensive repair bills. There are cheaper alternatives available but this one matches the HP levers already fitted to the bike and as it's made by Gilles the quality is faultless. Here are a couple of pictures of it fitted...

Very nice, there's loads of things I want for my bike. Just got to be content with the boring run in period for now.

BMW HP Parts

I'm really content with my bike and the parts I've fitted to date. Apart from tyres I don't have anything else planned for it except to try and do as many trackdays as possible over the summer.

Are the pics taken on an MOD base as look like married quarters in the back ground, used to blat my rg500 round the airfield when I was on weekends!
And have I missed where the Arrows can has gone?

Dean

Exhausts

The Arrow exhaust has been replaced with an Akrapović slip-on.

Akrapović HP Slip-On Exhaust

No particular reason really. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the Arrow slip-on. That said the build quality of the Akrapović exhaust is slightly better and every part of it, including the supplied link pipe, is made from titanium. I purchased this one by chance as I was passing a BMW Motorrad dealership and they had one in stock along with the carbon fibre exhaust bracket. It was more of an impulse buy to be honest and it goes well with the other HP parts already fitted to the bike.

Back