BMW S1000RR Sport

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
alpha Racing Titanium Caliper Bolts

attachment.php

Last edited:
alpha Racing Engine Case Protectors

Fitted to provide a little bit more protection for the engine cases.

alpha Racing

These are likely to be the last parts to be added to my S1000RR as it's now exactly how I want it.

Re: alpha Racing

These are likely to be the last parts to be added to my S1000RR as it's now exactly how I want it.

Those Alpha Racing Engine protectors look good. How much were they?

Was considering some GB Racing ones but I think sometimes they can look to much on a road bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alpha Racing Engine Case Protectors

I can't remember how much they were but I get a very good discount from Prime Factors Racing who are alpha Racing's UK distributor. With regards to crash protection it really is a case of function over form in my opinion so I wouldn't worry about what they look like so long as they work.

BMW HP Race Brake Bleed Valves

Yes; albeit with HP branding as they are supplied by BMW. The part # is 77 02 8 543 065 and they can be used with any Brembo caliper.

Ah right, i wasn't aware that BMW were selling them to be honest, i bought mine through JJC Race and Rally in Wrexham as i'd seen pleny of them on cars but only once or twice on bikes and they tend to be half the price on car websites :biggrin-new:

I think I paid around ?75 for mine from BMW. They are definitely worthwhile if you change brake fluid fairly frequently.

Last edited:
How do they work? Are they just a fancy one way valve? Do they come with a hose for bleeding the brakes?

They just feature a non-return valve which makes bleeding faster and more reliable. If you purchase the HP valves from BMW, which are made by Stahlbus, you are supplied with one for each front caliper and another for the rear. You can use them conventionally or using a vacuum system.

http://www.stahlbus.com/info/en/products/operation

Really hate this post. Just end up with part envy [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trackday

Circuit: Snetterton 300
Air Temp: 31?C
Track Temp: 40?C
Weather / Track: Sunny / Dry
Laps: 44
Best Lap: 1:59.89

Trackday

More time on track this weekend at Snetterton. The weather was simply superb with track temperatures hitting 40? which is warmer than some European trackdays I've been on!

I normally opt for a Racetec RR K1 (Soft) front and a K2 (Medium) rear but given the hot conditions, and looking at the Metzeler data sheets, I reversed the compound selection to a K2 front and a K1 rear immediately after the first session. The K2 front has a stronger sidewall and is less susceptible to high track temperatures than the softer K1 tyre. You can feel the difference on track as the front just feels more composed especially under heavy braking due to the firmer construction. With regards to the softer rear tyre, grip felt similar but tyre wear was noticeably better. Ultimately this compound selection was far better suited to the hot track temperatures and ironically is the same choice as what I will be using later in the year at Aragon.

This trackday also marked the first opportunity to test my new Brembo GP4-RX calipers in the dry. Suffice to say they are simply superb offering huge amounts of consistent stopping power.

Overall I'm really pleased as I managed to break under the 2 minute lap for the first time this season.

Trackday

48 laps completed around Snetterton today. More to follow...

Trackday

Circuit: Snetterton 300
Air Temp: 21?C
Track Temp: 27?C
Weather / Track: Cloudy / Dry
Laps: 48
Best Lap: 2:04.76

Trackday

More time on track this week and joined by good company. The weather was a little bit overcast but warm and dry throughout. This trackday was all about just getting on track again and enjoying myself. I didn't really set out to achieve anything apart from trying to get the bike sideways and attempting to find the limits of my new Brembo calipers. Suffice to say my over exuberance on occasion meant a few trips down the back straight run-off area and a bit of fast off-roading; most notably at T5...

As for tyre choice, I switched back to a K1 front and a K2 rear which I had previously used at Donington Park. Tyre wear was absolutely perfect but after 48 laps I've now finished off yet another set of a Metzeler Racetec RR tyres. Overall I was slower than my last time out at Snetterton and my lap times in general were somewhat pedestrian. Nevertheless I was happy to just be back out on track as work commitments now mean I have a bit of a wait until the next one.

Back