BMW S1000RR Sport

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BMW 2D Front Fork Travel Sensor

They normally retail at around ?350+ from Alpha Racing if purchased in Europe. I purchased mine whilst on business in the US from a HP Race parts stockist and negotiated a discount by using my ACU Race Licence.

I just spotted the MCT sticker on the forks and also the white leathers. Was it you I was talking to in MCT when I was getting my Ducati 996 setup earlier this month?

Simon

Re: Arrow Works Titanium Slip-On Exhaust

Love the look of the pipe..

Stompgrips

I'm still waiting for a few parts to be delivered but my Stompgrips have arrived from the USA this week. The 2015 version are not available to purchase here yet so I've had them shipped over directly from Stompgrip in California.

Stompgrips

P1020697_zpswokvfdm9.jpg

I have the Stomgrip but not fitted yet. I was a bit worried by the RR decals, but you have fitted it well and I will do the same. Did you use soapy water to slide into place or just went for it?

Stompgrips

They are simple to fit but do take a little bit of time to ensure correct placement. I used a heat gun to gently warm both the fuel tank and the Stompgrips prior to applying them and then it's just a case of slowly fixing them in the right place.

The BMW Tank Protector was supplied free from my dealership when I bought the bike. The Arrow slip-on was sourced from B&C Express who are Arrow's UK distributor. It does not come supplied with a baffle as believe it or not this slip-on is no louder than the standard OEM exhaust. In fact having had the standard exhaust noise tested at Snetterton a few weeks ago this may actually be a little quieter which for trackday use is a good thing. I mainly purchased it as its half the size and weight of the OEM exhaust and at present I have no plans for a full system.

Most pipes will get through static tests. My race pipe usually runs 103 with baffle, at snett last weekend on the 2015 it ran 97 without. No one could believe it lol. Its when the valve just before the can shuts down at about 4k revs on a steady throttle. One reason I didn't go for a full system.

Arrow Works Titanium Slip-On Exhaust

I had my Arrow exhaust noise tested today to ensure it meets trackday noise restrictions. Measured at 5,500 rpm the Arrow slip-on recorded 97.5 dB. For comparison the standard OEM exhaust when tested in similar conditions measured 100.5 dB.

P1020721_zpszx6uxoar.jpg

I have my data logger under the rear seat cover. Loving the chain adjusters mate.

Most pipes will get through static tests. My race pipe usually runs 103 with baffle, at snett last weekend on the 2015 it ran 97 without. No one could believe it lol. Its when the valve just before the can shuts down at about 4k revs on a steady throttle. One reason I didn't go for a full system.
Spanish track days with their no noise restriction is the way to go for me.

Trackdays

You simply can't beat overseas trackdays. In the last few years I've managed to tick off Assen, Almeria, Portimao, Jerez and Le Mans.

Back