BMW S1000RR Sport

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:) I like the sound of that.. can you take my new tyres for a run around before I put them on my bike as well! I'll look like I know what I'm doing with a set of shredded at the edge tyres and a couple of grated knee sliders.. I feel a business opp coming on ;)

Knee Sliders

They normally just go in the bin once they are past the wear limit!

attachment.php

Re: Suspension

The DDC suspension is absolutely fine for fast trackday use once it's been setup; correct springs fitted; air gap changed and front potentiometer added. However if I ever went racing again the DDC would be stripped out and I would fit a cartridge kit and rear shock simply for the finer adjustment that it allows.

Where would you advise to get the correct springs? Is it just based on weight? What air gap would you recommend?

And do you use the BMW front fork oil?

Switched to a 2015 s1000rr with ddc this year for racing and getting more nervous every day about the suspension.

Suspension

My front fork springs were supplied by alpha Racing and all the suspension work was completed by MCT. I would speak to them directly with regards to correct spring rates, oil type and air gap. It will vary depending on your pace and riding style and is not solely based on rider weight contrary to popular belief. For fast trackday use and instructing DDC is absolutely fine but I would personally remove it if racing in any championship from MRO upwards.

2D Potentiometer

If you do decide to race using DDC I would strongly advise that you fit a 2D potentiometer if you haven't already done so. It will allow you to separate the compression and rebound stages of the front suspension and will give you a greater level of adjustability which you need on track.

attachment.php

Quick Release Axles

Thanks. They are pull cups for the quick release axles that I have fitted and not axle protectors.

Ahh right, I thought they looked pretty cool but I guess they are big money and no need for someone who does about 7 track days a year.

Fitness

I?m physically fit at the moment but definitely not ?bike fit?. There?s no substitute for time spent on a bike especially one with 200 Bhp!

That’s mental Ry, I’m done in after 30 laps!
Good to hear you’re back home safe and enjoying the bike again.

Re: Fitness

I?m physically fit at the moment but definitely not ?bike fit?. There?s no substitute for time spent on a bike especially one with 200 Bhp!

I do agree, but I just don't do enough track days...or even use my bikes enough to stay very bike fit, so I had a lot of muscle pain after Snetters last week. My issues could easily be caused by poor body position etc etc, but I used to have issues with my inner thigh/groin muscles after hanging on to the bike, which I have cured by doing a lot of weight machine training on the hip/adductor area. I don't get tired during the day, and it didn't hurt after either. I did have a lot of quad muscle pain last week, so will work on that before my next time on track. I was wondering if you do any particular (gym?) exercises to prepare for a trackday?

Last edited:
Back