BMW S1000RR Sport

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trackday

Circuit: Snetterton 300
Air Temp: 17?C
Track Temp: 22?C
Weather / Track: Cloudy / Dry
Laps: 59
Best Lap: 2:02.01

Re: Trackday

Circuit: Snetterton 300
Air Temp: 17?C
Track Temp: 22?C
Weather / Track: Cloudy / Dry
Laps: 59
Best Lap: 2:02.01
Obscene amount of laps.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Trackday

Not quite as many laps as I managed on my last Open Pit Lane day!

Re: Trackday

Not quite as many laps as I managed on my last Open Pit Lane day!
I do 5 laps and shagged out. I do 6 sessions on average [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Trackday

Short circuit report from Snetterton... Back on track this week on yet another Open Pit Lane day. The weather at the start was initially pretty miserable with light drizzle coating the tarmac making for a very greasy surface. The day started off slowly with the bike in RACE mode and DTC turned up. Given the low track temperatures I stuck with treaded race tyres but still had to push on a bit in order to retain heat and find grip. Despite remaining overcast for the rest of the day the track had dried out fully by mid-morning and the bike was put back into SLICK mode.

Lap times, albeit nothing spectacular, were consistently in the 2:05s with a fastest lap of the day in the low 2:02s. All in all not a bad day with some enjoyable coaching, good company in pit lane and some entertaining, if largely unsuccessful attempts(!), trying to follow James Ellison and Jake Dixon through different sectors of the track.

Trackday

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Parts

What kind of fairing is this ? Is it from alpha racing ?

They are alpha Racing carbon fibre race fairings.

Also, what year is your model ? I really like the old-style of Akrapovic can, but they changed the design for 2015/2016 models and I hate it.

It's a 2015 S1000RR. I have a HP Race Power Kit fitted and it comes supplied with a traditional shaped Akrapovič exhaust as part of it. The exhaust is also available to buy individually as a slip-on directly from BMW for the 2015/16 model.

Re: Parts

They are alpha Racing carbon fibre race fairings.

It's a 2015 S1000RR. I have a HP Race Power Kit fitted and it comes supplied with a traditional shaped Akrapovič exhaust as part of it. The exhaust is also available to buy individually as a slip-on directly from BMW for the 2015/16 model.

Did you choose the paint design yourself or did it come as it is ?

Where did you buy Power Kit ? From BMW dealer ?

Parts

Did you choose the paint design yourself or did it come as it is ?

alpha Racing fairings do not come supplied painted. My fairings are vinyl wrapped and the design is based on the 2015 OEM Motorsports paint scheme.

Where did you buy Power Kit? From BMW dealer ?

The HP Race Power Kit is only available from BMW Dealerships. Budget up to ?2500 for the kit and then a further ?500 for the associated HP Racing Data Release and Mapping. You will find more information about it by searching this thread.

Back