2015 ddc

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone wish they bought non ddc model ? I'm leaning towards non but bike take 6-8 weeks to build base model .

Unless you intend to race your bike and change the suspension why would you not want the DDC?? It's one if the best features of the bike on the road

I don't have a dealer close to me only worry I have is if things Start to go wrong be difficult for me to get to a dealer to sort it . Also my friend had one last year and did not like it . Just wondering if anyone else had any negative issues

I've set my "DR-ON" it's not as daft as it seems. What it does is chnges the whole menu and function of the left trip switch. Previously one push down on the bottom button would only bring up the "Race" menu. Now with DR on after the Race menu you are straight into the damping settings which you can then change in a few seconds. Im not suggesting doing it while riding but you could do it at a set of lights or something. It is that easy to get to you could do it on a straight road while moving - no more complicated than resetting the trip.
I wanna know if SET DR can be used while bike is moving or you have to completely stop your bike to do suspension changes?

Yep if set to DR ON, the clocks will show your damping settings whilst you're riding and allow you to go through the Rebound and Comp settings for Rear and Reb/Comp for front if you push the 'set' button briefly i.e down. Long Press the set button down will then enable using the up and down buttons to change that particular settings and long press down again to save.

I actually use it a lot at trackdays. I analyse what the bikes doing and adjust it when I hit the straight, then analyse the next lap and adjust etc. Becomes second nature with only the briefest of looks to see which of the damping modes you are in, say Front Comp. The rest is just button pushes without looking at the clocks.

Back