2015 ddc

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldwobbler

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I've been working my way through the menus for the various bits on the new bike. I needed to change the damping settings for the DDC recently while at a track day. All very easy to do from the menu and all changes made were noticeable, which was nice. One parameter you can change is "DDC- Set DR" you can have it "On" or "Off. I have know idea what it is and I cant find it in the manual anywhere. Anyone got an idea what it is?

BTW - everyone else I asked at the track just said switch it on - if you have it it should be on , right? I just hope it doesn't stand for Death Ray.

I do hope there is an encyclopedia..I mean, manual, that comes with this bike that explains all the individual settings?! I'm picking mine up in a few weeks and it sounds like you need to be a Cisco certified engineer to operate the dashboard!!

My bike is still traveling back from Jerez so I cant check the menus, but, once in the DDC menu you scroll through the various options. You get rear (comp and rebound separate) front (all lumped together) and then calibrate and reset. But one of the options as you scroll through is "Set - DR". At least I'm fairly sure that's what it was - I cant check at the moment.

serotonin - its dead easy - and to be honest the settings as it comes are very good. I only changed them as I was on a fast track and it was 27C all day.

Damping adjustable while riding:
Switch function on SETDR
ON (During Ride) or off
SET-DR OFF

Fook that I wouldn't even attempt to go through the menu while riding the bike

While riding ? fooooook that !!

Actually,SET DR means"do you want a doctor on track"! That's probably nearer the truth!!!

Sounds like good fun actually-Oh,I'll just put some more compression on the front before I brake for this tight bend and then dial it out when I've tipped in but I think I might need a bit more dtc on exit,but I suppose I could adjust the rear shock-unfortunately I haven't got my glasses on and the display isn't clear enough.Never mind,at least I got 97 degrees of lean!!

God your good lol
there are so many settings on this thing I'll leave it alone as I'm a knob lol

Actually,SET DR means"do you want a doctor on track"! That's probably nearer the truth!!!

Sounds like good fun actually-Oh,I'll just put some more compression on the front before I brake for this tight bend and then dial it out when I've tipped in but I think I might need a bit more dtc on exit,but I suppose I could adjust the rear shock-unfortunately I haven't got my glasses on and the display isn't clear enough.Never mind,at least I got 97 degrees of lean!!

as he's peeled off the floor....

Can someone tell me what the calibration option on suspension setup about?

If you change the rear ride height using the spacers or replace the rear suspension you would need to do a re calibration for the ddc to take the changes into account.

I've set my "DR-ON" it's not as daft as it seems. What it does is chnges the whole menu and function of the left trip switch. Previously one push down on the bottom button would only bring up the "Race" menu. Now with DR on after the Race menu you are straight into the damping settings which you can then change in a few seconds. Im not suggesting doing it while riding but you could do it at a set of lights or something. It is that easy to get to you could do it on a straight road while moving - no more complicated than resetting the trip.

Great info, I'll be changing mine to those settings so the DDC is easier to access.

Slight change of subject but, does any one know if you need to change anything for taking a pillion?

Pre load at a guess. I dont take pillions but someone one here will and will have a better idea. The ddc will recognise the additional sag at the back with a pillion and adjust the damping accordingly. But you would need the sag to be right.

Back