Fitting tail packs to rear seat

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim_S1K_RR

Reaction score
Has anyone used the hooks that are under the rear seat for fitting luggage?
I was going to try my kriega bag and wondered what it would be like on a spirited ride to france/spain. Also any idea of weight they hold.
And is it worth messing about fitting their straps instead

Which kreiga bag?

i have a US10 which I took on a trip last summer no problem. Using the kriega straps it was secure, I have never used the hooks under the seat.

I took a Kriega 30 to Barcelona and it was faultless. I used the 2 straps under the seat and put two of the Kriega loops around the sub frame. Make sure you put some gaffa tape or something on the seat unit to protect the paint

It was a bit of a fiddle but I got them in front of the seat lugs on the subframe. That way they wont slide back. I can take some pics if you want them.

Be good if you could I just been and looked tried it on the back bar and looped the front together. cheers

Be good if you could I just been and looked tried it on the back bar and looped the front together. cheers
Here are a few pictures of where I have the loops

They were a pain to get in but they do work and when not in use you can just tuck them away

There's four loops on the under side of the pillion seat and they are strong. I've done 150mph with my Kreiga luggage attached to them with no dramas. But yes it's a good idea to protect your paint work as the soft bags do move around and will scratch the paint.

Back