BMW Insured Warrenty?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chorsley

Reaction score
anybody here purchased the BMW insured Warrenty after the 2 years ran out? if so is it worth the money?

The BMW extended warranty works the same way as the factory warranty so it is comprehensive unless you get into high mileage. Is it worth it? Murphy's Law....

On my other bike I bought a 2 year BMW extended warranty (2011-13) and got a few things done on it through the policy with no issues, it was more for piece of mind. Suppose you have to decide if you can afford an extra surprise bill for something at some stage, or want to know you are covered. Anything truly terrible (like engine failure) would likely get significant 'goodwill' support from BMW UK if you keep it correctly serviced by BMW regardless of warranty status.

Mine hits 2 years next month and im thinking wether to or not. Probably will as i think 'peace of mind' has a value, just not sure how ?? it is. I guess ill be receiving something in the post next month...

Cheers for this chorsley! What probs you had bud?

Mine goes in for service on monday. apart from front pads its been fine - fingers crossed ;)

yes I bought into it, due to the many issues with this bike could save you some money if any of the many gremlins jump up at ya, I have had both switches replaced already, also had a letter to come in and have the fuel pump checked and a free bike check over.

Cheers for this chorsley! What probs you had bud?

Mine goes in for service on monday. apart from front pads its been fine - fingers crossed ;)

Stand fell off, both sets of switch gear replaced, coroded sump, oil cooler leak, cush drive replaced to name but a few

Stand fell off, both sets of switch gear replaced, coroded sump, oil cooler leak, cush drive replaced to name but a few
Yeah mine had the sump changed, and from what ive read i better go check cush drive for play!!

my advice is pay monthly and in the event you sell the bike you don't have to worry about paying out a lump sum. I thought it was well worth an gave me some comfort

New to this who do you take out the warranty with BMW or the dealer? Do I need to register my ownership of this bike with BMW or does that happen automatically on first service that I have. Mine is a 2012 bike so will they give me a warranty?

Regards Steve

Cheers mate. I thought I was buying a vehicle that was very well made but a lot of people seem to have had problems. I need to talk to my local dealer. This will be Bahnstormer at Alton any body got any reports on them? Very nice when I went to have a test ride. I think that if something does go wrong it will be very expensive. Did not see if this warranty covers parts and labour?

Regards Steve

Cheers mate. I thought I was buying a vehicle that was very well made but a lot of people seem to have had problems. I need to talk to my local dealer. This will be Bahnstormer at Alton any body got any reports on them? Very nice when I went to have a test ride. I think that if something does go wrong it will be very expensive. Did not see if this warranty covers parts and labour?

Regards Steve

Hi Steve, people only shout about stuff when it goes wrong, they don't say anything when it is all going well. There are 2.5k registered s1000rr bikes in the UK, most of them don't have big problems, or else BMW would have some serious problems with their business and it would be all over MCN and other media.

BMW warranty covers all parts and labour.

In my experience of BMW bike ownership since 2009, yes some things do go wrong on the bikes, they are usually things that BMW know about and replace FOC (like switchgear).

Having a good dealer who will fight for you when it comes to making a claim off BMW UK is really key IMO, a good helpful dealer will get non-warranty results from BMW UK other dealers seem to miss. I have no experience of Bahnstormer Alton, that is for others to say.

Cheers for this. As you say a good dealer is important. Had a good relationship with my Ducati dealer so will see how I get on with BMW. Really interested if anyone has opinions on Bahnstormers .

Regards Steve

my advice is pay monthly and in the event you sell the bike you don't have to worry about paying out a lump sum. I thought it was well worth an gave me some comfort

Was just about to ask the question is it worth having as had the letter in the post today, looks like the consensus is get the cover. If i do go for it will just pay monthly as you say in case i sell the bike at some point.

Bahnstormer are an excellent dealership and I have used both their branches and always found the customer service first class. They are relatively close to the big Vines of Guildford so healthy competition means they are very helpful with good mechanics. I have never heard anything bad reported on them. As to the warranty it is always down to affordability and it's never good value unless you make a claim when it becomes very good value. I suppose I look at the cost as only equivalent to 3 1/2 BMW technician labour costs, regardless of parts. However if nothing goes wrong with your bike you feel it's been wasted!

Back