Anyone changed their seat on the S1

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've bit the bullet and bought the BMW comfort seat . First impressions from sitting on it in the garage are positive hopefully the weather will be OK for tomorrow so I can Road test it

I've bit the bullet and bought the BMW comfort seat . First impressions from sitting on it in the garage are positive hopefully the weather will be OK for tomorrow so I can Road test it

Have you tried it out yet?

Yes I didn't like it at first it took a bit of getting used to as it's a fair bit higher but when I adjusted my rear sets up two clicks I got used to it it was OK . Don't know why it's called a comfort seat as it's not all that soft but I think it will break in a bit. The only negative so far is the height to the floor as i was on tip toes and im 6ft so anyone under 5"9 will struggle I'm sure I'll get used to that , it looks great though on my motorsport and I never slid forward and crusty nuts once so that was also a bonus lol I'm out on my bike again tomorrow so I'll let you know how it feels

I noticed at the trackday on Monday that the Sargent seat made moving around the bike a bit more difficult than usual mainly because of the shape of the seat being slightly wider. I will fit the oe seat for trackdays in future.

how does the BMW comfort seat compare for shifting about?

went to the southern 100 and Guy martins tyco bmw had a nice comfy seat on and that was pretty high

Had another 2 days riding the bike with the comfort seat and have to say I'm very happy with it . It allows you to sit where you want on the seat , gives you loads more room in the legs ( i raised my rearsets one click) and is a lot more comfy that the standard as the seat absorbs a lot of the harshness of uneven roads I even think it is a better riding position and feel the bike changes direction quicker also it also looks the bollocks on the motorsport

Back