Recall..

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bananaman

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Just had a recall letter on my '10 rr re fuel pump.

"AFFECTED MOTORCYCLES MAY EXHIBIT SMALL CRACKS ON THE FUEL PUMP HOUSING. SLIGHT LEAKS CAN OCCUR, CAUSING A SMELL OF PETROL RESULTING IN THE LOSS OF A VERY SMALL AMOUNT OF FUEL. XXX THIS ISSUE IS NOT SAFETY RELATED XXX "

Like the way they say small fuel leaks aren't safety related lol. How long have we been talking about this ?

Not had the pump out, would this be the pump itself?

Last edited:
Spoke to the dealer about this as I also have had the same recall for my 1200gs, for most bikes it's a change of the clip, some the pump needs replacing, if there's any signs of play in the quick release part. The dealer said I can take the tank in without the bike if need be.

I don't know, but I got a letter from BMW saying my 2010 needs to be checked. :)

Just had a recall letter on my '10 rr re fuel pump.

"AFFECTED MOTORCYCLES MAY EXHIBIT SMALL CRACKS ON THE FUEL PUMP HOUSING. SLIGHT LEAKS CAN OCCUR, CAUSING A SMELL OF PETROL RESULTING IN THE LOSS OF A VERY SMALL AMOUNT OF FUEL. XXX THIS ISSUE IS NOT SAFETY RELATED XXX "

Like the way they say small fuel leaks aren't safety related lol. How long have we been talking about this ?

Not had the pump out, would this be the pump itself?

The fuel pump housing gets checked when the bike is in a dealer. Only affects the early s1000rr model, and loads of other bmw model bikes. My K13R got checked back in the summer. It's not a recall as far I knew?

Latest posts

Back