Standard HP4 or Carbon

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toffeeboy

Reaction score
Can somebody please tell me what the additional bits you get on the carbon vs a standard HP4, are there fewer carbons than standard bikes. I'm thinking about buying one and wondered in terms of the future residual which would be the best option and is it worth paying the premium now

Thanks

I thought there were more carbon than standard bikes, about 55/45 split, but it's not important.

From the BMW Mottorrad website for the additions the carbon has over the standard bike:

"HP brake lever, HP clutch lever and HP rider footrest system. The long, closed HP engine spoiler, the HP plate holder and the HP fuel tank trim are made entirely of carbon. Its most conspicuous hallmarks are the aluminium forged wheels in Racing blue and the sponsor sticker kit - so its unique quality lies not just in its performance but in its design, too, making it a perfect synthesis of quality that is impossible to miss.
The HP4 Carbon also has the consecutively numbered fork bridge engraving with HP logo. This makes each and every machine a unique specimen."

Performance wise they are the same.

The carbon will always be more desirable on the resale market simply due to the sum of its parts. It will also be easier to sell for the same reason.

Will you get the premium back between the models? Maybe. You'll get more for the carbon v standard, but as much as the difference you pay up front, who knows? I guess like with everything it is supply and demand.

The standard has the same wheels but in back, the tank in file and badge holders are as per the standard S1000rr, the belly pan is standard but with the addition of an plastic extension part.
The standard HP4 does not have the gilles levers or pegs. It has the same engraved and number top fork bridge/yolke.
The engine and running gear are exactly the same to you pay the additional money for the carbon, blue paint on the wheels and the levers and pegs.

Just my opinion (so don't shoot me) but I would rather have bought the non carbon and added my own touches like rearsets/levers/carbon to make it stand out a bit from the others.

Just my opinion (so don't shoot me) but I would rather have bought the non carbon and added my own touches like rearsets/levers/carbon to make it stand out a bit from the others.

I'd agree. When I bought mine the cost of all the bits + the standard bike was a fair bit more than the all singing carbon version. That was the depth of my decision process because I'd be putting a load of bling on it if it didn't come with it. So I saved a load of cash buying the carbon (man maths lol), at least that's what my wife believes.

Back