Back to road ?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jack sprat

Reaction score
HI ya,
I recently turned my bike into a track bike much more fun . This has not lasted too long as I have developed a knee problem due to hanging off at corners. So should I sell as is (nothing racy just fairings to make an off cheaper) or put all the road kit back on tax insure
MOT ?(this will be a cost). BMW are not helpful they will sell it on but want as is and all the road kit for 6.5k and rope me into a car deal.
It is a
2011 thunder grey full 10k miles with all BMW services sport package( plus slick pin/ plug never used ) and alarm Dcat Akrapovic stubby warp speed rad grills flip up levers Diamond rear sets engine sliders and some more bits a bling usual love your bike stuff carbon front and rear muds. what are your thoughts people its a nice bike and never been trashed or thrashed. Got to be worth more than BMWs offer. ( late 7k to 8k on autotrader).
Thanks stuck for a solution JS

put it back in full road trim MOT and sell on you will get more money, track/race bikes only make good money if you have all the suspension and trick bits fitted. MOT are only ?20 so worthwhile investment if it gets you another ?1000, at the end of the day put it in road trim list on ebay for ?7.5 and it will be gone in a week.

Back