HP4 Fitting Austin Racing System

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustinT

Reaction score
Hi guys im new to this site but i have a few questions, I have just brought a HP4 but its a non carbon as i read that you can buy the after market parts cheaper and there just as good.

I have been getting all excited about getting this bike and have been looking at all the bits i want to put on it. I have looked at the Austin Racing GP3 system. The dealer told me that i need to run the bike in first for 600 mile but i only do about 600 miles a year. So my question is can i fit this system as soon as i get the bike or will it damage it and will it need mapping or does the ECU learn the compression ect...

I have also been looking at a lot of R & G products for the s1000rr will these all fit the HP4 or are they different, would you recommend R & G or is there something better that's available. For example im after rear sets, crash bobbins, and the engine part covers.

Hope you can help, Thanks in advance

Justin

I wouldn't fit one to an HP4 , I'd save up and buy a proper system , akra or Arrow would be my choice.
I have fitted all of the above with the Austin giving the worst dyno figures ( admittedly the best noise)
GB racing covers are the best IMHO and either the Gilles or lighttech Rearsets.

You have bought a really feckin nice blingy bike , don't dress it up in council house curtains..........

this is of course my personal opinion , however it is also based on the fact that I bought all of the above

awaiting backlash

Hi Justin,

i agree with fatbob. I have the carbon HP4 and the full akra system suits it just fine. I would follow the dealer advice about running it in, sorry! Get a couple of long days out and you'll have the mileage covered, or sure there are a couple of riders on here that'll do it for you for free :).

R&G crash bobbins are fine, everything for the s1000rr 2012+ they sell will fit the hp4., GB racing engine covers. Gilles rearsets. Rad and oil cooler covers are advised, I have R&G but there are loads of opinions here, just use the search.

Thanks for your advice, Are the Austin Racing systems classed as "council house curtains" If it not then am i really going to notice the difference of the power on the road? I have seen a couple of videos on you tube and yes they sound and look the tits but im not sure about the quality? Would i need a remap or will it run just fine on there without any changes?. The reason i like this one is because its short stubby can and thats the look im looking for. Do you know of any other like this one.
null_zpsafd6bc11.jpg

The standard HP4 comes with the full akra system I believe, it is very good, more mid range grunt. Maybe you can put the akra stubby slip on on the bike without much change to get the 'look'? I don't know if it'll work, just my 2p.

fitted a racetaylormade to my hp4 there very neat go to google images hp4 racetaylormade thats my bike

the quality is OK on the AR systems , way better than it used to be , its the dyno run with the baffles in that was disappointing at the time
I would also take the bike to hilltop for a remap if I was doing it again , not a pcv

I was disappointed with the Ar stand at the NEC show they had a HP4 with a can on that was at the side of the swing arm and as an after thought they had heat tape all over the brake hose and sensor wire. it made it look very cheap. if the had made the can slightly longer then it would have passed the hose and wire and looked far better.

Back