S1000rr Insurance!! Who's the best

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Principal Insurance got it on go compare been riding for 4 years with 4 years ncb age 37 245 quid fully comp đź‘Ť

I was paying ?420 on my CBR600RR and when I called MCE to change my bike details they wanted ?300 for the last 2 months plus the 2 months payments of ?40. ?400 for 2 months cover!

Refused to pay it so was told to go to cancellations and try a comparison site and see what I would be quoted. Went through to cancellations but the next lad I spoke to was a lot more helpful and ended up only having to pay ?115.

Did a quick quote while I was on hold and funnily enough MCE were the cheapest at ?766. Been riding 2 years in June, 29 years old. Going to try a couple of these when the insurance is due. Quote was only with 1yr no claims as thought I was going to be cancelling. With 2 years Im hoping it will come down a couple of hundred quid. Fingers crossed haha

I was told when i was getting a quote when i only had passed my test that most companies won't give a quote untill you've passed your test for 2 years so you should have more options when its time to renew

Here's hoping! After picking my bike up today I can see why they are so expensive to insure. Well, for me anyway haha

Mine today motorcycle direct gold.184.00 fully comp less uk breakdown cover and helmet leathers, ten years protected.

Cheapest for me was BMW Insurance by a long way.....

Me too, well I say cheapest, they were the only ones who would insure me with the bike locked in my garden- I was waiting for my Secure A Bike enclosure to arrive- has arrived no and well worth the dosh.

Had used Carole Nash for years as I've got a few bikes. Was very happy to learn the BMW will insure up to 5 bikes, not just BMWs.

Paying a lot, but then it's London innit.

Fireblade was ?180, Hayabusa ?140, and now looking to insure the bmw which i collect tomorrow, its costing ?480.

(all TpF&T prices)

Had to go with Principal as no one else would do my modified gixxer as well as the Beemer. Separate policies meant couldn't insure modded gixxer with no no claims even though I have 9 years. Insurance companies are all thieves!
Got no claims in a car sir, doesn't count. Two bikes, oh can't use it on both sir. Had an accident in a car sir, ooh that ups your premium. Had an accident, well despite market value being x we will give you x minus 15% unless you can be bothered to argue it out with us

I pick my new S1k up on Tuesday and best i can get is just sub a grand, The joys of riding abroad for so many years.

case of "Suck it up buttercup" I'm afraid

Hello all. Just a quick one for the people insured through BMW. Do you have a contact number? Searching the internet high and low and can't for the life of me find it.

Thanks in advance.

BMW Motorrad UK Insurance

BMW Motorrad UK Insurance: 0845 606 6354.

Re: BMW Motorrad UK Insurance

Had an 09 Blade with mods with Bennetts, 2013 was ?137, 2014 was ?157, now 2015 on the BMW ?490 all FC with max no claims still with Bennetts as others were just plain obscene or wouldn't insure it at the time.

my renewal just came through for ?744, I am 26 with 10 years NCB, 1 theft and 1 accident (non fault) on record 3 years ago, bikes in an alarmed garage, i think this is a joke, i went on comparison sites and the cheapest was ?891, Why am i getting stupid quotes.... Can someone point me in the right direction so someone who could do it cheaper?

Back