2d suspension sensor

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grumpy old man

Reaction score
Hi folk just after a bit of info , just taken the hp4 to le mans bike was awesome 1.47 lap times , anyway speaking to another guy on a hp4 about suspension settings and he says fit a 2d suspension sensor and you don't need to set anything the suspension become's fully active , been on alpha site but it has no more information apart from the same , don't mean to sound stupid but doe's that mean you won't have to adjust com and rebound at all for any track ?

My understanding is that the 2d sensor allows you to set the front comp and rebound, which you can already do for the rear. I believe it still needs parameters to be input via the dash options as per the manual.

The front sensor in made by 2D if you contact the Uk distributor you can buy them direct they are approx ?500 and fit on the left fork leg, the position means you can nut use the steering lock and there are additional lock stops to stop the sensor being damaged when turning to the left.
By all accounts the sensor is plug and play and allows the same adjustments as the rear once fitted.
I did lots of digging on them before getting my HP4, if you search on the us forum there is quite a bit on there regarding them.
May be worth seeing if they will discount for a bulk buy?

The front sensor in made by 2D if you contact the Uk distributor you can buy them direct they are approx ?500 and fit on the left fork leg, the position means you can nut use the steering lock and there are additional lock stops to stop the sensor being damaged when turning to the left.
By all accounts the sensor is plug and play and allows the same adjustments as the rear once fitted.
I did lots of digging on them before getting my HP4, if you search on the us forum there is quite a bit on there regarding them.
May be worth seeing if they will discount for a bulk buy?

Uk distributor,

DATRON Technology Ltd.
John Grist
6 Potters Lane
Killn Farm
Milton Keynes, MK11 3HE
Phone.: +44-1908-261655
Fax: +44-1908-260108
E-Mail: [email protected]
www.datrontechnology.co.uk

Last edited:
Hi read on other site.....it increases turning circle and stops stearing lock engaging....so only good on track bike......hear better upgrade fork springs better opion.....

My 2p,... the 2d solution is not very elegant having a bit stuck on the side of a fork, appears to be more of an afterthought by bmw.

Its designed for the track.....read it hits frame and held on by rubber blocks........it looks like a stearing damper.I do know that Leon haslam had on on is world super bike

Did a bit of poking on us site seams to be a solid investment , my bike is only for track use and it seam that if you fit the sensor the front and rear can talk to each other and work a lot better , as if they could work that much better in my opinion , thanks anyway

sorry ordered last night before i saw your post , alpha racing germany ? 360 delivered , a lot cheaper than uk dealer

really track only....wonder how many use it on the road....any feedback on the actual impact of the lock infringement?

What's the lock reduction Baz? Keen to pick one up for mine but she's road only (for the time being) so interested to know if it's restrciting the lock overly for the road.

What's the lock reduction Baz? Keen to pick one up for mine but she's road only (for the time being) so interested to know if it's restrciting the lock overly for the road.

I'll let you know tomorrow-bike's still on it's stands.If you stick your thumb between the fork leg and frame, that will give you a rough idea.If you have a rad guard it will need a bit cutting out.
The kit comes with velcro pads to fix the lockstops,I used double sided tape instead which increases the lock slightly.
Personally,I wouldn't bother for the road.

Back