hp4 run in

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grumpy old man

Reaction score
Hi people , well just got the hp4 back for bmw after the running in omfg what a ballistic missile can't wait to get her on track , i still own a 1098r with 191 at the rear wheel but this just blows it out the water , tried launch control couldn't stop it spinning { must admit tyre wasn't that warm }, off to le mans in two weeks then have a sprint in jersey end of sept will post and let you know how it goes or if i need any more info on setup cheers guys .

I tried launch control on 1/4 mile. It spun, then front lifted, so I just shut throttle, then pinned it when the front dropped. I don't know whether adjusting TC setting will help the tyre spin as I'm unsure if TC is fully disengaged at the start of launch?

Hi people , well just got the hp4 back for bmw after the running in omfg what a ballistic missile can't wait to get her on track , i still own a 1098r with 191 at the rear wheel but this just blows it out the water , tried launch control couldn't stop it spinning { must admit tyre wasn't that warm }, off to le mans in two weeks then have a sprint in jersey end of sept will post and let you know how it goes or if i need any more info on setup cheers guys .

hi mate, just wondered if you're the guy that knows Pete D. in Guernsey? And we had an Indian on the bridge and a few beers a while back? Apologies if not!

Hi yer had the same spun up then lifted the front going to try next time without launch on . Yes alien i know pete d and twas me at the indian how are you ?

over to do the sprint on the 13th sept , not on the bm riding a ktm rc8r for a guernsey guy and his honda 500/4 , not a great lover of your sprint only done it once on a 600 just can't get used to the finish line .

over to do the sprint on the 13th sept , not on the bm riding a ktm rc8r for a guernsey guy and his honda 500/4 , not a great lover of your sprint only done it once on a 600 just can't get used to the finish line .

I know what you mean. Don't think Pete has done our sprint either for the same reasons. I'm sure I'll be down there on the 13th so will hopefully catch up with you then mate.

Back