Experienc with ME7's?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian_J

Reaction score
My first post so please be gentle.

Just bought an HP4 that will need new boots. Rather than the standard Pirelli's has anyone experirence with the Metzler M7RR? Just concerned a litlle that neither they nor Conti have a 200/55 ZR17 rear; love the Conti Sport Attack 2's on my RC8R but the Metzlers are supposed to be the dogs danglies this year?

My first post so please be gentle.

Just bought an HP4 that will need new boots. Rather than the standard Pirelli's has anyone experirence with the Metzler M7RR? Just concerned a litlle that neither they nor Conti have a 200/55 ZR17 rear; love the Conti Sport Attack 2's on my RC8R but the Metzlers are supposed to be the dogs danglies this year?

Says on the Metzeler website that they do a 200 section tyre.

Great ; I will give them a go. Now I have gone back into the Metzler site I can see they do indeed have a 200/55.

Are they good in the wet? Tread pattern looks like it will shift more water than the supercorsa's...

I chose them because of the tread pattern offering better grip in the wet than the SCs, which I hated in wet conditions. I have been caught out in rain three times and not had any issues.

I'm off to the borders for a few days later this week for a mini tour so if I have anything different to post after that ill pop it on here.

I chose them because of the tread pattern offering better grip in the wet than the SCs, which I hated in wet conditions. I have been caught out in rain three times and not had any issues.

I'm off to the borders for a few days later this week for a mini tour so if I have anything different to post after that ill pop it on here.

thanks....been caught once and the TC had a workout and thinking I might just swap them out early and keep the SC's for a trackday. Fancy doing some touring myself and no way I would want to set out on the SC's for that.

M7RR's getting fitted this thursday... Hopefully i'll be as happy with them as most seem to be based on the reviews i've seen :race2_smilie:

Well, having asked the original question I thought it only right that I provide some feedback on the ME7RR's I had fiitted.

The images show the tyres after 1,500 miles and 3 trackdays ( one at Snetterton and two consecutive days at Cadwell).

Plus Points;

Very predictable in both dry, damp and wet
Great wear rates

Minus Points;

I haven't tracked with the Pirelli SP Corsa so my observations are limited to the Conti Sport Contacts 2s on my RC8R but overall in the dryb they are less sticky/grippy and offer marginally bless feedback.

Overall though a great "all-round" tyre. Not as grippy as the best in the dry but well up there in the wet and damp and their wear-rate is exceptional...eat your heart-out SP Corsa users!

Recommended!!

ME7RR_1_zps94232e0f.jpg

ME77R_3_zps43051a63.jpg

ME77R_5_zps242ff8ed.jpg

ME77R_4_zps6702a611.jpg

MEampRR_2_zps1496893e.jpg

Latest posts

Back