installing a Powercommander and autotune

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
babarr46 link=topic=466.msg8635#msg8635 date=1339183813 said:
You guys who have fitted one of these the vid doesn't show tapping the gear position sensor,
gonna give it a go tomorrow will follow the instructions in the box....whats the worst that can happen? ;)

Yep, new versions have a blue/white wire in the same place as the grey wire - with absolutley no instruction as to what the fuck it is.

It's a gear position indicator which feeds back to the PC V box - which allows you a different map for each grear.

Had me stumped - thought I had the wrong unit for a while

You don't need to connect it though

Hi all. I've been reading all the posts with interest. I have removed the de-cat also ( as someone said, to let her breath ) it sounds so much more like a bike should. I thought or was advised that I need a power commander as my tick over can sometimes run a little fast. I don't really fancy paying out ?450 for this , is there any other ways to slow the tick over down.

If it hunts on idle that's the nature of the beast. Only way to reduce that is to get it mapped.

Might make do with running fast for now. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My de-cat severally affected the performance of my bike, It had no map, It was 179bhp @ the rear wheel which isnt great for a '15 model.

Had a stock system, Went and bought an Austin Racing de-cat system, Put on bike and had it dyno'd @ 179bhp. Changed the exhaust and a few other bits along with a power commander, I got 193bhp.

Oh nice. I bet it rides great now and sounds beautiful

Oh nice. I bet it rides great now and sounds beautiful

Yeah it's amazing, Get yours on a dyno man I'd be curious what yours is as you have an Akra.

I will . Trouble is , I need a new lid as well and that's looking like about ?500 [emoji30]. Lol

Strongly suggest a pc and a custom map. Mine hunted badly on tick over after the decat and had some lumpy spots in the rev range. The dyno jet download map was just as nad with at least 2 bad flat spots and flames shooting out 6 ft. Like has been mentioned already it went from 179 to 189 with a good map

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

4344ce007e5e70bbc86b5067bc9cd808.jpg
like i say, fueling was a little out [emoji33] [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Least your tyre would warm up quick Pof.........

Looks like a scene from Dexter just before someone gets chopped up.

JimmyMac

Latest posts

Back