K1 k2

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jack sprat

Reaction score
Hi ya can I use KI front K2 rear without warmers for track days . I only do track days on s1000rr, all its road kit is off. I will eventually get warmers and then I know they will be ok ,but till then . I will of course warm them with a few laps first.
many thanks JS

Yes you can use any tyre without warmers, I've never understood why so many people use them on trackdays ....... it's not a race. I have never used them just steadily increase your pace over the first couple of laps you'll be fine.

Yes you can use any tyre without warmers, I've never understood why so many people use them on trackdays ....... it's not a race. I have never used them just steadily increase your pace over the first couple of laps you'll be fine.

You know i asked the same question on my first track day and this was the answer i got. by using tyre warmers you limit the tyre to one heat cycle, too many heat cycles = loss of grip. I think that mostly applies to slicks and not DOT approved tyres. take it easy for a few laps and build up.

agree with heat cycles......but steady build up uses up laps ....... and you ll notice big difference when using warmers from the off

Totally agree :applouse: no need to go mental on the 1st couple of laps, helps warm everything up.

Back