Tyres for HP4

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveHP4

Reaction score
Has anyone tried anything other than the Supercorsa's on the HP4, just considering options. Bike is chewing up the Supercorsa's like they are going out of fashion. Don't really want to compromise on performance, but a little extra mileage would be nice...

I've just started with metzeler M7RRs and they are good. More wet grip and seem better on miles. Done 600 or so miles and they seem hardly worn. Warm up quickly.

Last edited:
There is a page in MCN this week devoted to tyres for the HP4. As soothsayer says the metzlers get a good write up.

Good timing, literally have just picked the bike up... M7RR's, not had the chance to try them out yet.

Good timing, literally have just picked the bike up... M7RR's, not had the chance to try them out yet.

I went with Super Corsa V2, interested to hear your thoughts bon the M7's when you have done some miles.

I went with Super Corsa V2, interested to hear your thoughts bon the M7's when you have done some miles.

Too early to say at the minute but have managed one hard days riding, so initial thoughts... Think i preferred the SC's, however, that may be because i'm just not used to the different feel of the M7's yet. Don't claim to be any expert by a long shot but i do regularly get up a good speed and the M7's seemed to skip about a bit and i didn't feel as confident in hard breaking for some reason. The M7's were definitely miles better in the damp, i can say that, but as for the dry, Jury's still out...

Back