ohlins ?????? front

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jack sprat

Reaction score
HI YA ,
I have been offered an Ohlins front damper for a good price.(£80). Now the question, from what I understand which is limited .
The travel on the s1000 OEM dapper is 58 mm. The one I have been offered has only 53mm. if I increase the stop on the yolk say 3mm each side . will this be ok, I will never need the turning only moving about the paddock. The extra stop will protect the 53mm dapper.
Or is this all wrong and should I stay clear, PS only used on track . 2011 (was thunder grey )

HI YA ,
I have been offered an Ohlins front damper for a good price.(£80). Now the question, from what I understand which is limited .
The travel on the s1000 OEM dapper is 58 mm. The one I have been offered has only 53mm. if I increase the stop on the yolk say 3mm each side . will this be ok, I will never need the turning only moving about the paddock. The extra stop will protect the 53mm dapper.
Or is this all wrong and should I stay clear, PS only used on track . 2011 (was thunder grey )
i put an Ohlins steering damper on my s1000rr, and just like you said it has slightly less travel. mine is fine, i can't say that you notice it. what an improvement over the OME damper. i only use my bike on the track like you.

S1000rr ohlins damper brackets are unique to s1000, ohlins only sell them in a kit with a damper and last time I checked harris no longer make theres

i bought a second hand one from ebay, it came with a ducati bracket, it was probably off a 996/998. i made a simple alloy bracket for where it mounts to the fork leg. it works a treat, you can't beat the feel of an ohlins steering damper... :pride:

Back