Radiator Guard and Oil Cooler Guard

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StuOnTwo

Reaction score
Hi all, was just reading green stars post about his nightmare fitting Evotech radiator & oil cooler Guard on a HP4.

My question is I am looking at trying to fit both but from R&G onto my s1000rr sport. Anyone done this specific item from a r&g and got any advice on it? I am utter crap at mechanics... and I know it's just a guard but still, I'm not great at DIY.

Should it be fairly easy?

http://www.rg-racing.com/images/products/large/img963.jpg

http://www.rg-racing.com/images/products/medium/img964.jpg

thanks

There just held on by tie wraps. I don't have R&G on mine but the guards I do have on annoy the hell out of me. Can't hear them rattle when I'm on the move. Tried packing them with sticky pads to no avail. The tie wraps are as tight as can be too. Got a set of pliers onto them whilst a friend sat on the bike.

The only reason it was a pain on the HP4 was you have to take belly pan off and loosen side fairings, cable ties around the top of radiator are fiddley.

I have the R&G on mine and they are fine. No rattles. Cable ties only, no bolts to mess around with. It's helpful if you have small fingers and lots of patience, but honesty, they are straight forward and recommended if that's what you're after. If you get desperate come over my way and I'll help you fit them!

I have R&G rad and oil guards on mine and they are absolutely fine. Mind you i had the dealership fit them FOC when the bike arrived with them before i had it delivered to me. Definitely recommend them as they are a hell of a lot cheaper than having to replace a rad or oil cooler on a HP4!!

Ye had bugger of job to fit.....side panel had to come of right side.....for radiator grill just cable tires....to atach them but fiddle job.....give you self little time.....and little tip long wire with hook on helped....good luck

I've just bought a complete set from Racefoxx in Germany, off the old 'Fleabay'....very nice I'll let you know how it fits, mind you all their other parts have been quality and fitted well so no reason why this wouldn't fit ok too.

Not had chance to fit this yet, but also invested in a set of R&G Crash Bungs....hopefully get the weather to fit all at once soon.

Had R&G guard on my R6 and never had any problems with it, I think i will go for the R&G radiator and oil guard for mine....hopefully without rattles.

I cut some stainless mesh and cable tied to my Ducati and it was fine and looked good going to try the same with my s1000rr any one tried it?

I went with the Evotech items and they are very good and use the rad mounting points etc rather than cable ties. Decided to make the job of fitting easy and just removed all of the fairings and belly pan and they were a doddle to fit.

Back