HP4 Decat Link Pipe

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi , no lamba don't remember taking belly pan off , if your going to remove the cat wire's make sure you don't turn the the motor when disconnecting or you will get a fault light on the dash ,a bmw technician also told me to disconnect the battery , reconnect when finished run bike up to temp and the ecu will sort the rest.
Thanks GOM that's very helpful.

Hi can you tell me were I can get the brackets for the Heel Guard, now I've changed the Link pipe.

Cheers Paul

Hi guys

Can you tell me if taking the cat off makes a real difference?

Considering getting rid also but its not cheap and the engine is already mighty. I do however find my bike a little bit 'fluffy' when blipping down the box (especially coming off a KTM RC8 TRACK which was a mega machine), maybe due to the fact I am still running it in and riding in rain mode.

Cheers
gregbo

Hi guys

Can you tell me if taking the cat off makes a real difference?

Considering getting rid also but its not cheap and the engine is already mighty. I do however find my bike a little bit 'fluffy' when blipping down the box (especially coming off a KTM RC8 TRACK which was a mega machine), maybe due to the fact I am still running it in and riding in rain mode.

Cheers
gregbo

Hey bud, real difference? I don't know yet as mine came off in December and it's not going out on the roads until the salt is gone. It is certainly louder! I think you've answered your 'fluffy' question, rain mode and restricted, not going to be on a level with your Ktm yet. I'd wait until you have had the running in service and tried it in slick and race mode before deciding on the cat. I did mine mainly to save the weight. Cheers.

I had a maiden run on the hp4 today without the cat. Taking into account I haven't ridden the bike since before December: tone of the exhaust has dropped to become more mellow, I like. It seems to splutter and pop much 'better' when engine braking down to around 2k rpm, I like. Overall what was already a fantastic sound has been improved.

Is it faster? Couldn't say. I don't think I am good enough to judge the power nuances of a 190+ engine with or without the cat. To me it felt faster. I forgot I was 'only' in sport mode by the time I got back home :).

Love it.

A comment on another thread reminded me that the other thing I did notice on Friday running without the cat is that the 4k rpm bar vibes seem to have all but gone. I was never too bothered about the vibes but I did notice the lack of vibration when I was stuck around the mid 50's on a dual carriageway that day. Explorer will be happy ;).

I've noticed that the bar vibes seem to have calmed down after I took the cat off. But the best thing is I now get lovely flames on the over run.

Hi guys, those of you that have taken the cat off, I'm a bit stuck I can't seem to budge the joint where the cat pipe joins the header pipes. Did anybody use heat to free it off. Thanks.

Hi guys, those of you that have taken the cat off, I'm a bit stuck I can't seem to budge the joint where the cat pipe joins the header pipes. Did anybody use heat to free it off. Thanks.
Managed to free the cat pipe with a cold chisel, took the two cables off the cat end and also off the pulley under the seat. Longest job was putting it all back together, took the baffle out of stock pipe, it's definetly a lot louder, seems to run fine, all in all its a good mod.

Hello guys I am new on this . I have 2014 hp4 i'm looking to buy the mid pipe any suggestions. Will make a difference ?

I fitted the decat pipe last year and the biggest difference is the weight saving. Think the noise is better too :).

No. I got the dealer to fit it for me (as I had wondered about the remap also) and they said it would run fine without. I might be wrong but I think the ECU self adjusts. Not had any problems whatsoever since it was done.

I meant the computer box controlling the cables completely did you remove them ? From the bike The box I believe it's under the seat ! Thanks for your help :)

I haven't looked at what the dealer did, I think they said they disconnected the cables from under the tank, nothing about removing boxes, the ECU needs to see that the cables have been disconnected, that's all. Most folk disconnect the butterfly cables and cable tie them to the bike.

I will have a look in the garage in a bit and see what 'bits' they left with the cat.

Last edited:
Dealer got mine for me, otherwise it is alpha racing I believe? Think I saw one on ebay the other day for about ?100 which is a gift.

Back