Lightech chain adjusters

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Isn't it shit when that happens, always somebody trying to catch us out. Valuable lesson, looks like its lightech then.

Isn't it shit when that happens, always somebody trying to catch us out. Valuable lesson, looks like its lightech then.

Yes to all of that, sadly.

I now have the fun prospect of a long, time wasting battle to get the situation resolved which I could do without. Tedious. I should have noticed that the eBay advert has varying pictures of the product which should have rung alarm bells, duh?

On a positive note, I got the adjusters off and the oems back on very quickly, so the practice is doing my mechanical skills a significant benefit as I'm normally a bit slow with this sort of thing lol. However, the oems are a bit 'agricultural' now against the after market adjusters so I will end up with lightechs at some point.

Think I'm missing something here....If the wheels set up square in the 1st place, whats easier than slackening the axle nut and adjusting on the oe equal sides unless it's just bling factor?

Think I'm missing something here....If the wheels set up square in the 1st place, whats easier than slackening the axle nut and adjusting on the oe equal sides unless it's just bling factor?

not much tbh. The only thing I have noticed is that the after market adjusters are more accurate because they have more measuring marks (in mm) than the oe. That's about it for me. I am quite OCD about getting stuff like this spot on, so with the oe adjusters I spent 20 minutes eyeballing each side and tweaking to get it exactly right. Not bothered about the bling, too much already lol.

On a positive note I bought the 4racing ones through eBay. I got a permanent bounce from the sales@moto email address last night so raised a dispute on eBay. The moto sales manager has already messaged me today wanting to sort it out so I am hopeful all will be sorted.

Last edited:
+1 on what soofsayer says but also they remain in place when removing wheel where the originals fall out. Helps a little if your changing tyres regularly, which I do at track.

Thread update. Moto gb have offered me a full refund on the adjusters, so I certainly recommend them for customer service.

Niven - are the lightech and 4racing adjusters almost identical? Moto gb said they were identical apart from the nut washer so I'd have the same issues with fitting them to the hp4. The wheels on the hp4 are slightly different from standard bikes (I believe according to this forum) so would that have any effect on fitting either kit?

Thread update. Moto gb have offered me a full refund on the adjusters, so I certainly recommend them for customer service.

Niven - are the lightech and 4racing adjusters almost identical? Moto gb said they were identical apart from the nut washer so I'd have the same issues with fitting them to the hp4. The wheels on the hp4 are slightly different from standard bikes (I believe according to this forum) so would that have any effect on fitting either kit?

Not sure about 4racing v Lightech however Lightech are great Chinese version from madmoto which are all over ebay are shite. Wheels should not make any odds to the adjusters.

did you mean that the other way round?

Hmm, not sure how you are reading my post but.
Lightech are very good
4racing, I do not know anything about them
Madmoto on ebay sell Chinese rip offs and they are shite and no reply to emails

Soofsayer , are you saying you bought the 4racing ones and they are shite? I bought them from motogb and have asked the dealer to pop them on during the first service tomorrow (mon) !!!

Last edited:
Soofsayer , are you saying you bought the 4racing ones and they are shite? I bought them from motogb and have asked the dealer to pop them on during the first service tomorrow (mon) !!!

I did buy the 4 racing ones and not happy with them. The supplier has told me they've sold loads to s1000rr owners and not had any problems. I didn't like the washers being crap, the axle square end not fitting 100% flush with the adjusters and the general 'feel' of the product. They might do the job fine but I don't want them on my bike. I have a set of lightechs arriving tomorrow which I will fit this week. Only then will I know the difference for myself.

motogb have been excellent with their customer service offering me a full refund soon after I contacted them about the fitting issues. So a good company to deal with (presuming my refund is processed :) ).

For me if I'm not 100% about something on my bike then it's a problem. It might not really be a problem, but if I'm thinking about it, then it is. Each to their own.

It would be interesting to know what the dealer reckons?

I did buy the 4 racing ones and not happy with them. The supplier has told me they've sold loads to s1000rr owners and not had any problems. I didn't like the washers being crap, the axle square end not fitting 100% flush with the adjusters and the general 'feel' of the product. They might do the job fine but I don't want them on my bike. I have a set of lightechs arriving tomorrow which I will fit this week. Only then will I know the difference for myself.

motogb have been excellent with their customer service offering me a full refund soon after I contacted them about the fitting issues. So a good company to deal with (presuming my refund is processed :) ).

For me if I'm not 100% about something on my bike then it's a problem. It might not really be a problem, but if I'm thinking about it, then it is. Each to their own.

It would be interesting to know what the dealer reckons?

I got the bike back from the dealer today with the 4Racing chain adjusters fitted. I spoke to the technician who fitted them and asked his opinion. His only comment was that the washer under the fixing nut seemed slightly small (see pics) but other than that they were fine and were very easy to adjust.

I will be emailing Motogb to point this out and ask for replacement washers but to be quite honest I will probably buy a couple of stainless ones myself. I think they need to know for future reference but apart from this issue I am pleased and the colour is a good match.

IMG_0209.jpgIMG_0210.jpg

Last edited:
Just a note on here to say that the service I have had from moto gb has been excellent. They have given me a full refund and refunded my P&P charges which I was not expecting. All in a couple of days, no quibbles. So if anyone is thinking of using them for these adjusters or anything else I cannot recommend them and their customer service highly enough. I will certainly look to use them in the future for other products. http://moto.gb.com/

I fitted the lightechs this morning and the main differences I found compared to the 4racing ones are:

- lightech adjuster mechanism clicks when turning, 4racing does not. This is not a big deal in itself.
- lightech adjuster does not require a grub screw and locking nut each side to maintain the adjusters in place. To adjust, only the axle nut needs to be loosened, rest by hand.
- the front bolt on the lightechs holds the adjusters correctly to the swing arm without a washer. The hole on the adjuster for the bolt is inverted so the thread mechanism is sheltered from dirt and debris, on the 4racing product the thread is exposed (which is also the case with the oe to be fair), and a washer is required.
- the RHS (brake side) lightech adjuster holds the rear axle perfectly between two flat contact points. The 4racing adjuster on that side only has one flat contact point, and the fit is about 2mm out, so the axle twists slightly upon tightening and is not completely flush with the flat area.
- the LHS lightech adjuster fits correctly at the axle spindle.

I am very happy with them so far, good quality, precision engineered product. They are more expensive than the 4racing adjusters but in my opinion, worth it.

Had a reply form Bob at MotoGB today in response to my questions and that basically takes me right back the start of this thread!! What I actcually said was that the lighttech ones are ok (as per other members experiences) but he didn't sell them anymore and offered the 4racing ones instead.

"And remember these are made for the S1000RR model, not listed for the HP4 but you said you were happy they'd be OK. For your info, not sure if I told you in email previously, but Lightech supply exactly the same bolt size, but without a washer. And again never had any issues with S1000's."

Back