Thoughts on the S1000R

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess we'll find out - as it said in the video, he has a deposit on one, so that test was to see if he was going to go ahead. We'll find out the next time he releases a vid, more than likely.

I would consider one as a second bike just to have for general run about don't think i would go from a full on sports bike to one and not have a sports bike to thrash about on.

I took one out on Sunday and it's a peach of a bike, I just clicked with it straight away. Handling up to 120mph felt better than my rr (dynamic pro selected for the whole ride), no top end rush like the rr just shite loads of grunt up to about 11k. Loved it. Deposit is down on a sport expected delivery in June.

I took one out on Sunday and it's a peach of a bike, I just clicked with it straight away. Handling up to 120mph felt better than my rr (dynamic pro selected for the whole ride), no top end rush like the rr just shite loads of grunt up to about 11k. Loved it. Deposit is down on a sport expected delivery in June.

I liked the bike and it was fun to ride, it may have been better if it was dry. Are you keeping the RR

I liked the bike and it was fun to ride, it may have been better if it was dry. Are you keeping the RR

Looks like they are proving very popular, sold out localy untill june.

Last edited:
I'm calling shenanigans on that, it's not like KTM are trying to steal some of the R's thunder there is it? Fix!

I see Baron Von Grumble has gone for the Ducati 899 Panigale!! hope it rides better than the 1199 as i did not like bike on a test ride power deliver was a nightmare, makes the BMW feel like a magic carpet.

Interesting group test in MCN, will reserve judgement till I have an afternoon on the S1R but really did expect the BMW to win that test.

Saw one at my local dealer, think it was their demo bike, had a small dark screen and a stubby acro on, looked the business.

Interesting group test in MCN, will reserve judgement till I have an afternoon on the S1R but really did expect the BMW to win that test.

i agree, I see in MCN that Michael Neeves has one as his long term test bike, will be interesting to see how he gets on with it on a daily basis.
I would still be tempted to have one for a fun bike, less likely to get into trouble as at 100mph the wind tries to blow you off the bike.

i agree, I see in MCN that Michael Neeves has one as his long term test bike, will be interesting to see how he gets on with it on a daily basis.
I would still be tempted to have one for a fun bike, less likely to get into trouble as at 100mph the wind tries to blow you off the bike.

That and licence preservation is why I now ride nakeds, bit un decided now though between the bmw or back to the tuono v4.

Back