Giving thoughts to down sizing - opinions?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I've taken the advice and booked a bikesafe day for tomorrow.

Hopefully I'll get some confidence from the day, if not, look out for a 'for sale' advert coming this way soon

Let us know how you get on. I'd be interested how the look upon your exhaust...? Decat'd right? Going to be very noisy next to a copper... Only thing that's put me off doing it.

DJUK - they don't care. I took my old CB1000R with full Decat which would fail the Track DB tests without the baffle in. The coppers' comment about it was "I knew what you were doing [with the throttle] even when at the back of the group!" and he then laughed. ie he wasn't worried.

They care that the bike is road worthy - bald tyres are clearly going to get you grief. Other than that it's a *fun* ride out.

Re: Giving thoughts to down sizing - opinions?
DJUK - they don't care. I took my old CB1000R with full Decat which would fail the Track DB tests without the baffle in. The coppers' comment about it was "I knew what you were doing [with the throttle] even when at the back of the group!" and he then laughed. ie he wasn't worried.

Think you might have trouble with 115-120 db :D

Last edited:
what else you trying.
I bought a GS , had it for 8 weeks then sold it.
brilliant bike.......................................for when Im 70

So the GS is on the list, VFR, possibly ZZR (maybe a bit too big)

On of the things is that I'd like a bench seat so I can take the young lad out on.

Just sold my S1000RR now I'm down to one bike...ZX14R (ZZR14). Missing it but the ZX14R is a great bike. I may be selling that one also before heading back to the states. Looking at maybe getting a Diavel.

So... I've seen, tried and loved the... RnineT.

What a great bike, tried the GS, plenty capable but at 36, I didn't feel old enough for that. I'm just doing the for sale advert for the S1000rr, and then I'm good to go.

Latest posts

Back