Oil and Oil

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jack sprat

Reaction score
Hi Ya ,
Track bike is coming along nicely . Couple of quickies ,I am not going to have regular service from BMW now so this brings the oil question into play . I think I have grasped the 5/40 10/40 thing will not make a lot of difference .So I can always get Castrol power 1 racing 10/40 . Will Motul 5100 10/40 be ok the mechanic who is helping me seems to think it will. .Or should I stick with the Castrol.10/40 . Also on inspection he says there is a lot of old dirty oil on the head he thinks Gasket or maybe loose nut, any one had similar 2011 9k miles.
Lastly the dan moto link pipe is a bit narrow for AKra stubby seems loose ,so should I have it flared a little (the link pipe) or will this compromise it if I need to get a longer can due to noise restrictions
thanks Jack Sprat

I've got a 2011 no problems with gasket yet, done 10k miles.

Since new i've used silkolene 10/40 fully synth oil. (because its the cheapest I could find of Fully Synth oil)

Also I have danmoto decat and Akra stubby, fitted it long time ago now, akra is perfectly tight for me. Altho the bolts on the little carbon cover thing occasionally work loose, not the actually exhaust

Hi Ya ,
Track bike is coming along nicely . Couple of quickies ,I am not going to have regular service from BMW now so this brings the oil question into play . I think I have grasped the 5/40 10/40 thing will not make a lot of difference .So I can always get Castrol power 1 racing 10/40 . Will Motul 5100 10/40 be ok the mechanic who is helping me seems to think it will. .Or should I stick with the Castrol.10/40 . Also on inspection he says there is a lot of old dirty oil on the head he thinks Gasket or maybe loose nut, any one had similar 2011 9k miles.
Lastly the dan moto link pipe is a bit narrow for AKra stubby seems loose ,so should I have it flared a little (the link pipe) or will this compromise it if I need to get a longer can due to noise restrictions
thanks Jack Sprat

I think that the link pipe for the shorty and standard length can are different. Also the noise form a de-cat with link pipe + shorty is loud and i doubt that you will get away with it at most tracks.

Back