DIAMOND rear sets

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did anybody have any issues fitting with these with the standard quickshifter? Thinking of buying a set myself, but having never had a set of rearsets just want to make sure before buying.

Fitted in race shift with standard QS without any problems. Not impressed with the bolts tham come with the rearsets but happy with rest of product.

Dear community,

as noted in my welcome post - I need little help with my Diamond rearset. I found some threads about this rearset here, so I hope that some people collect experiance with it.

Has anyone the new version with race shift pattern in use?

I can not found a good adjustment that the set works fine.

If I have found a setting with that the high gears (2-3-4) are good switchable, than the switchability of the low gears (4-3-2) are not or at least impaired possible... Conversely the same.

On the pitucure on which the rearset is mounted - there is a adjustment within I can switch up and down, but when I switch down (2-3-4) I have no clearly end stop - I could turn the leaver nearly 90 degrees backwards :uncomfortableness:

Unfortunately, this is suspected the only setting with which I can change the gears in both directions.

Have you any ideas for a good fitting adjustment or it is not possible with the stock quick shifter?

Bought 2 sets as they were nearly half price., figured if I binned it racing I would have instant replacement. Had nothing but trouble, the bearings and rose joints weren't man enough, changed to alpha had no problems since. HOWEVER, they prob ok for road for a little while. I will say customer service was quick and efficient but the product was no good for me....

I think im my case it?s the same... And for race use only is this unaccepatble... Did you get your money back ???

Further more I dont get any feedback from diamond to clearify this :(

All I received was "we have never had any problems fitted to race bikes, we use them all the time" Maybe true if they are changed frequently..... Sometimes it doesn't pay to go cheap and get yr fingers burnt.

I?ve got some feedback from Diamond. The reverse shift is only usable with a accessorie QS and not with the stock QS... The online product discription shows it differently!!!

RMA is not possible because the parts are used due to the mounting - also they are not able to refund a part of the bill to me.

200€ for not functional equipment - inasmuch as the product discription is not correct.

Now - I will buy a conventional rearset from Gilles or someone and all is fine.

Hi, looks like they've changed the design of item 8 'link 70-80'. My part is inverted T shaped. On the long part of the T the QS is fitted and depending on which side of the short T I fitted the shift rod would change from road to race shift pattern.
Have you tried turning around the link so the shift rod is at the front rather than the back?
Alternatively ask Diamond if they can supply a T link.

Yes, they have changed the design - and Diamond can?t supply a T link. I have to use a alternativ QS... (all other known distributors are sold out).

I?ve tried all possible settings - no one is funtionally - also the normal shift pattern is usable bad.

Now I?ve bought a conventional footcontrol from Gilles - and it fit with out any problems. The only detirment was that I have cut my Ilmberger belly pan.

I've ran a set for a while now done a couple of track days and racked up a few road miles too, agree bolts are a bit cheap but bearings etc are holding out and gear change feels a bit more positive than standard set up, I run standard road shift so no concerns with quick shifter, as mentioned further up in thread can you not turn shift assist around so it pushes rather than pulls? you may actually be better off just buying a new qs as standard on is not great anyway

Yam-andy, any problem fitting the new design Diamond rearsets with the existing brake switch?

I can't speak for the latest design as I think they recently changed it! my work fine with no issues! a mate has just fitted some new design ones to a new zx10r with no issues if that helps!!

Thanks buddy, for ?160 the new ones are worth a gamble - if you see a set on ebay in a couple of weeks you'll know if the gamble has paid off or not lol

Back