BMW calls in 50,000 motorbikes over fuel pump leak

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine was in dealers for a electrical fault still no fixed it after changing dash cluster aaaggghhhh but wen there was told mine was to be recalled for this still waiting on part or call from dealer al keep all posted if and wen tho

Yeah my 2011 just had it's first MOT - I laughed at the dealership terminology of not calling the issue a re-call - they called it something like a 'fuel pump technical maintenance check/upgrade'

Mine has been done, when I had new switches fitted week ago. But my dealer has said customers will receive a letter in post letting them know they can arrange with a local dealer to have it done, but they won't normally do it until you have that letter.

Just had my bike back from service, they changed the left hand switch gear no problem, have to go back for the right hand one as it is on back order from Germany.
They did the the fuel pump check as well, mine was ok he said, no cracks. so they put or force a metal O ring into the pump or something like that!!
Mine was the first s1000 they had done.
great service! Benhams in wolverhampton!

Emailed local dealership who I bought the bike from, they said they want to inspect my bike and that i should have received a letter from BMW, which i haven't. I remember when i enquired about extended warranty with BMW, they had my address down as the local dealership, but would correct it, but obviously didn't. So don't automatically assume your letter is on the way.....

My other BMW bike is having this fuel pipe issue dealt with as a factory recall (after it broke down on Monday :(, unrelated to this problem). Dealer said although it was a recall item, it was not urgent, so would be checked and changed when the bike is in, not requiring a specific visit.

Last edited:
My other BMW bike is having this fuel pipe issue dealt with as a factory recall (after it broke down on Monday :(, unrelated to this problem). Dealer said although it was a recall item, it was not urgent, so would be checked and changed when the bike is in, not requiring a specific visit.

My K1300 had its fuel pipe connections changed during its annual service last week as part of that recall. Wasn't aware of the issue or the recall previously.

My bike was done yesterday, hadn't had anything from BMW they just did it when the bike was in for both switchgear and a service.

had mine 'done' in Dorchester a couple of weeks ago, they said it wasn't a recall and the cracks weren't very big so they sleeved the fuel line connectors with shrink wrap :/

Year on a bmw recall letter mine in next month for the fuel pump recall, and 23 point free check,going in to rainbow Rotherham, good shop but took um ten days to send me a come in date,after chasing up.

Latest posts

Back