2014 holidays.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goose

Reaction score
So what have you got planned for the coming year ? Holidays and track days, nothing booked as yet myself but will definitely do a few random weekends away along with a week in Europe with a few friends.

I've loved going on a 2 week, lads only Euro bike trip for the last 2 years. We've got a trip starting June 22nd around the Pyrenees roughly mapped out: Santander to Andorra (the French side) and then back again to Bilbao (the Spanish side), via San Sebastián, Pau, Longrono, Zaragoza and a few small mountainous towns. We also plan to do some of the outward bound stuff that's plentiful there (whitewater rafting, canyoning, etc).
We've not actually booked anything yet though, so if anyone has any tips, really good suggestions on roads/hotels/places/activities/bars/restaurants/must sees, then please let me know. Thanks.

Last edited:
Done IOM few times, generally two separate weeks across to Germany, next year gonna try a seasons racing before I get too old to get me leg over lol.

Sounding good, we have been going on euro trips since the late seventies, bol dor used to be a yearly event, route napoleon is a great ride when in the area. Way to old to race myself but was never quick enough anyway, track days are some of my most memorable experiences but too old for them now as the healing process takes time as you get older. Realy fancy doing the catalan gp this year but my biking mates are all married and they will only be allowed one trip a year and wont go to a gp so maybe a lone journey.

Doing acu at Donny end of Feb. Just need to sort out a bike trailer as it will no doubt be terrible weather.

I'm already booked and going to be staying in Jaca for the last week of June with some friends exploring the Tour de France routes so maybe see you there. Going to ride there and back. the ferry comes out very expensive, and I'd rather enjoy the trip through France tbh.

Wishing you all a happy and prosperous new year.

Good luck with it, maybe post up a few meets you will be at and if time permits will be there to watch.

Sounding good, we have been going on euro trips since the late seventies, bol dor used to be a yearly event, route napoleon is a great ride when in the area. Way to old to race myself but was never quick enough anyway, track days are some of my most memorable experiences but too old for them now as the healing process takes time as you get older. Realy fancy doing the catalan gp this year but my biking mates are all married and they will only be allowed one trip a year and wont go to a gp so maybe a lone journey.

going with about 10 people this year to catalunya , don't know them all , going from the 11th to the 17th i think.....tag along if you like there's a few beemers in tow.
Also booked on the mecca of all track days forthis year......Mug"feckin"gello :)

Im going to Mugello motogp with my girlfriend on the S1000 hoping to ride down over 4 days then cruise back

I've loved going on a 2 week, lads only Euro bike trip for the last 2 years. We've got a trip starting June 22nd around the Pyrenees roughly mapped out: Santander to Andorra (the French side) and then back again to Bilbao (the Spanish side), via San Sebastián, Pau, Longrono, Zaragoza and a few small mountainous towns. We also plan to do some of the outward bound stuff that's plentiful there (whitewater rafting, canyoning, etc).
We've not actually booked anything yet though, so if anyone has any tips, really good suggestions on roads/hotels/places/activities/bars/restaurants/must sees, then please let me know. Thanks.

Do the N-260 Sort to Adrall rd if you're heading to Andorra. Superb Road.

Got a family wedding in Mainz in the summer so thought I might take the bike. Any body done a tour to the Rhine valley region of Germany?

Back