Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Rusty Sump cover & faulty switches

Re: Rusty Sump cover & faulty switches

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetman21 View Post
    Heap of shit wouldn't start when I left work today, seems that the RH switchgear is now defective.

Arsebiscuits.

Probably bikeless now until the 16th August....
    On my other bike I have a problem with the starter switch not working after it has been left in direct sunlight for a bit. It's fine after being 'cooled'. Being replaced foc. What's happened with yours?

Starter button on RH switchgear non-functional. Still not working after being in garage overnight.

Mode button works fine, so thanks to shitty switchgear I don't have a right indicator, high beam or a functioning bike!

get it down to williams , they have my old switch still in stock and keep ringing me about fitting it .....still!

It's booked in for Monday. It was in for the 16th august as mentioned previously but they've brought it forward.

Still got to get it there mind....

Got the bike back from Williams Bikes today.

Both sets of switchgear replaced foc, fuel pump checked & supporting rings added (recall issued for this apparently, news to me) plus planned service.

The switchgear looks very similar to the old stuff but has a different feel to it when using them, plus they're not going to fail apparently....

Overall quite impressed with Williams, they picked the bike up for me on Tuesday and got the work done sooner than I expected. Might stick with the S1000RR a while longer now!

thats goos to know , glad you got it sorted by them

Riding
    S1000RR 2011 - Carbon, BST, Akrapovic, HP, AR,

Left hand switch gear just went on my 2011 zie horn - found that out the hard way. then i stopped for a cheeky half pounder and bollox the bike don't start, after sufficiently smacking it with my fist she fired up and has worked ever since.

Mine went in two weeks ago for the left switch gear. Wouldn't stop indicating once I pressed it. Anyway, got it free so all good. Even though I rung them end of June about it and they said they'd ring me when the switch gears were in from Germany. Month and a half later still no phone call so I rung them, funnily enough they'd just turned up.... Yeah right. They just didn't want me in because they make no money from it. Haha.

Had the indicator switch replaced earlier in the year, as you could only turn them off using the hazard switch.

Just had the ignition switch replaced as it failed to start. BMW assistance (3rd party) couldn't get it going & got recovered home. Next day called the AA and they managed to get it going somehow so could ride to the dealers for a replacement switch. First replacements within 30k miles, so was expecting some failure soon.

Wyreflyer

Took my 2010 into Southport yesterday for the recall on the fuel pump, that all sorted but they found horn not working, so are going to replace both sets of switchgear next week, FOC