ECU Reflash at Hilltop Motorcycles today

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Niven770

Reaction score
Had a trip to Hilltop today and had my ECU reflashed.
Before Dyno Run was PCV and standard air filter, after run was PCV removed ECU reflashed and MWR Air filter fitted.
+10bhp at the top end but an amazing ~+45bhp at 10000rpm
Figures are rear wheel HP.
The bike also has a titanium Arrow works exhaust.

Attachments

• SCAN0118.JPG
    SCAN0118.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
I meant to say a big thanks to Geoff at Hilltop who is without doubt an expert in his field.

Hopefully this is better

Attachments

• SCAN0119.JPG
    SCAN0119.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 228
The map was downloaded from the PC website for the exhaust I had on the bike, it wasn't a custom set up.

Last edited:
Goes to show how bad the generic maps are.

I agree. But what is really sad is that the bike felt good and I didn't have any issues. I had a couple of sessions with Simon Crafar and he even said "bloody hell that thing is rapid" (not boasting here, he was meaning on the straights) so it just goes to show you can never tell.

Well I wasn't going to say anything but 15 bhp extra at 10k would have been good so it must have been seriously wrong before.

I agree. But what is really sad is that the bike felt good and I didn't have any issues. I had a couple of sessions with Simon Crafar and he even said "bloody hell that thing is rapid" (not boasting here, he was meaning on the straights) so it just goes to show you can never tell.

Harder to tell when bike is running lean. But running rich the exhaust pops and fuel smell give it away, sometimes followed by blue flames lol

Harder to tell when bike is running lean. But running rich the exhaust pops and fuel smell give it away, sometimes followed by blue flames lol

I have a graph of the original run without the overlay of the tuned run. This shows the fuelling along the bottom of the page. It was always within +or- 1 of the optimum fuel mixture, I'm told that this is acceptable. I do not have a fuel/air graph after the tune. I had no popping or flames so this would back up it being ok for mixture.

Geoff knows his shit and is a good lad to boot, plus the added bonus of the TC adjustments. did you get a chance to try and spin the rear up and set the TC off, the difference is awesome.

Enjoy!

Geoff knows his shit and is a good lad to boot, plus the added bonus of the TC adjustments. did you get a chance to try and spin the rear up and set the TC off, the difference is awesome.

Enjoy!

Thanks Lumpy
I did not get the chance to try that, we had a 640ml round trip so we were pretty keen to get up the road and I will not be on the track again until the weather picks up next year :(

Enjoy!
+1 I know a few people who had work done by him and all amazed at how much better the bike is. Im going to take My HP4 and zx10 to him next year, The results he got on my s1000r were great

Last edited:
wow niven that's a hell of a round trip 640 miles, What's the cost of the reflash bud .

wow niven that's a hell of a round trip 640 miles, What's the cost of the reflash bud .

£360 all in plus £100 for MWR filter. If anyone wants to buy a PCV for s1000rr I have one for sale.

Last edited:
niven thats some distance to travel i used to live in kilsyth long way to come bet fuel wont cheap

Thanks Lumpy
I did not get the chance to try that, we had a 640ml round trip so we were pretty keen to get up the road and I will not be on the track again until the weather picks up next year :(

Must have wanted that re mapp bad:biggrin-new:

Back