Gilles TCA.GT chain adjuster

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thompsp

Reaction score
Hi. I bought a really nice set of these off eBay, but they didn't come with any instructions (fitting or using them for every day adjustment). It looks straight forward enough, but I wonder if anyone has a copy of the paperwork they can supply me with (scan or take a piccy with your phone), as I'm keen to confirm the obvious before I fit them. Thanks, Steve T.

Fitted the parts myself, as I couldn't wait any longer. So, to help anyone else, here's some simple fitting instructions:

With the bike on the paddock stand, put something under the rear tyre to support it, so that when you remove the axle, everything stays in place and the tube just easily slides in and out.

The long thread on the axle ajusters you offer to the swing arm hole and then use the Allen key provided to screw it in (quite a few turns!)
On both sides wind in until the radius of the unit is inline with the back edge of the hole of the swing arm. Ie if you had a really long chain!

Once all lined up (take your time) put the stickers on the frame above the adjusters - doesn't matter what number you align the sticker with as long as it's the same both sides. Don't put them at the back tho as when you adjust you would be off scale.

Once all lined up . Put all back together and use the Allen key to wing the adjusters right in until you get the right tension. Make sure scale is same both sides, lock off the lock nuts at the swing arm and tighten axle nut.

I made a small pencil mark on my swing arm with the original blocks to tell me roughly where to place the stickers ..

Last edited:
Back