Insurance and me a happy man

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't mind but I live in good area not city and not on the street parking can't understand why I'm having problems.

Stand corrected just tried Hastings 294 or premier 375. Not sure how good they woul be if needed a claim ? Anyone had any need to claim.

Anyone been done by the garage clause? If you say your bikes in a garage then the times they state if the bikes anywhere else it's not covered. Small prints a bastard !!!!

Anyone been done by the garage clause? If you say your bikes in a garage then the times they state if the bikes anywhere else it's not covered. Small prints a bastard !!!!

I read that once in my small print a few years ago, because I had stated bike was kept in garage, if it got stolen from driveway then it wouldn't be covered. But of course just say it was stolen from the street and the ombudsman will fight the case on your behalf.

You can park bike on the street even if it's right outside ur house and it will still be insured for theft, it's only when it touches ur property it has to be garaged if u have stated thats where it will be kept.

I meant what about some nights when it's not near your house say another part of the country then your fooked. No?

I read that once in my small print a few years ago, because I had stated bike was kept in garage, if it got stolen from driveway then it wouldn't be covered. But of course just say it was stolen from the street and the ombudsman will fight the case on your behalf.

You can park bike on the street even if it's right outside ur house and it will still be insured for theft, it's only when it touches ur property it has to be garaged if u have stated thats where it will be kept.

Not yours tho. Eh?!

I meant what about some nights when it's not near your house say another part of the country then your fooked. No?

No, I asked about this when taking out renewals. If you are away from home then it is insured. It's just of you leave it on the drive instead of putting it in the garage. My Ins Co state 100yards from the home address and its covered.

Yup, my BMW policy says within 500m of the house.

Just got my renewal quote. £420 down on last year. That was a good start, but a day on the laptop and I'm now just under £700 down with reasonable excesses! Not sure how much further I'll get..

Bennetts just told me they cannot quote on a 'BMW S1000RR SPORT' because they only have 'BMW S1000RR' listed in their database!!!

.....Yes, I made sure she checked with her team leader..............

.....I even said, well lets progress on the basis that it MUST be the right bike (you can only get 'sport' model these days, can't you?). She was reluctant, and I decided life was too short and hung up..

Last edited:
3NCD, 30yo, garage just outside Bristol, modded and ebike just quoted me £1100

Have shopped around a bike and MCE will do it for £490 including breakdown and euro cover. Anyone ever dealt with MCE?

Well, I'm glad that's over. Just spent last few days sorting both car and bike insurance. Didn't change car premium much, but it wasn't much to start with. What a nightmare getting quotes for two single bikes/multi bike quotes and having every ****** company calling me every 5 minutes. The end result is that I have halved my bike insurance costs from last year, which is a major result (still 800....). Bewiser and MCE were neck and neck, and I only went with MCE in the end because they gave me 15 months for price of 12, which means I don't need to sort out (and pay for) car and bike in the same month next year!!

Motorcycle Direct and Bikesure were cheapest for me, managed to play them against each other and got a good deal.

Back