Insurance and me a happy man

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RossHarper

Reaction score
Insurance is up is 2 weeks so was shopping around this morning.

I was 27 when I bought my S1000 from dealer and the only company who would insure me was BMW Insurance and only Third Party (so they wouldn't have to pay for my bike) with a shocking price of £1500.

Skip a year and it dropped to £600 with MCD as the broker, I was over the moon with this to be honest. Even tho with my previous bike before the S1000 I was £68 for a year.

Now this year time to renew and £120.

So what shocking prices have you guys had for your S1000? I'm sure most of you have a few years on me in the age department though

I'm 33 and fully comp with pillion cover (in case of unlikely event the missus will ever be on the back!) costs £190, touch more than I was paying for R1 through bennetts

Bennetts is cheapest for me this year by the looks of it so far.

£124 TPO, no extras (pillion, breakdown etc)

£500 with all mods included for the S , £42 and a frostie box lid for the GS......
Dont know your born you lot......

Yam andy, £190 fully comp for a 33 year old ??? Jeezus, thats cheap. Im way past 33 and pay double that in a relatively good post code.

Ive just had a quote for HP4 that i get next month £365 fully comp. which is cheaper than a S1000rr with a system on it. just does not make sense to me

I'm 46 , 4 years ncb passed my test in September and I had to pay £950 hope it drops a lot next year lol

Yam andy, £190 fully comp for a 33 year old ??? Jeezus, thats cheap. Im way past 33 and pay double that in a relatively good post code.

Must be a north south thing!!! I've not got the greatest postcode!! To be fair the most I've ever paid was £400 full comp for a r6 when I first passed my test!!

Well, I passed my DAS course and tests in June. Im 42 with No NCB, no experience (that counts anyway)... My premium fully comp this year is £900. Ouch. However, if I keep my nose clean it'll be down to £500 ish next year.

Im with ebike.co.uk.

Luke

Wow i either didnt shop around or live in a much worse area than i realise!

I'm 27, 2 years ncb, cheapest was MCE, £1k fully comp, with tracker and datatag... and it doesnt cost any more to add my vfr800 on too, which was a nice surprise!:D

Well, I passed my DAS course and tests in June. Im 42 with No NCB, no experience (that counts anyway)... My premium fully comp this year is £900. Ouch. However, if I keep my nose clean it'll be down to £500 ish next year.

Im with ebike.co.uk.

Luke

Thats about right. I've done IAM also which will bring it down further.

Back