Ohlins steering damper clamp recall

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andybarsblade

Reaction score
Just had a call from my local supplier of fancy bits telling me that Harris have issued a recall on the Ohlins steering damper clamps that have been fatiguing/cracking.

So I contacted Harris and they are expecting some replacement parts from Ohlins in a couple of weeks, they will then send one to me.

Might be worth getting in touch with your supplier if you have an Ohlins damper fitted.

Just had a call from my local supplier of fancy bits telling me that Harris have issued a recall on the Ohlins steering damper clamps that have been fatiguing/cracking.

So I contacted Harris and they are expecting some replacement parts from Ohlins in a couple of weeks, they will then send one to me.

Might be worth getting in touch with your supplier if you have an Ohlins damper fitted.

I have got one fitted and mine snapped.

Well I got my replacement part from Ohlins/Harris and it seems mine wasn't going to last much longer. The revision clamp is identifiable by the notch between the 2 clamp screws.

Looks the same dimensions but must be a better grade material.

It is a better grade material, but if you look carefully the machining marks run along the new one and across the old one.

Thats what I was told by Kais.

Any chance of some photos of a sd038 fitted? I put my sd033 onto my 2012 and it fits but isn't perfect. Was going to chance my arm and try and swap the recalled 033 for the 038 mount as I'm sure the same damper is used for both kits.

Just back from a quick - short ride. Bike up on bike lift turned bars and they locked! Checked over and its due to Ohlins Steering Damper bracket fracturing letting damper move back and forward! The bracket is broken right across and its above bolt that's torqued to bike. Damper is now seriously marked and I'm well pissed. Guess I'm lucky it didn't lock up whilst I was one my local windy roads. Call to Harris on Monday thinks!!

Latest posts

Back