2014 HP4 Carbon reserved

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpedge

Reaction score
This morning I went into DL Motorrad in Bristol to talk a few things over with the staff. I walked out 35 min later after putting a small sum of money down on a 2014 HP4 Carbon. The rest is going to hurt but I've got some time to reduce the blow. When I walked through the door I had made my mind up that it would be a HP and not a standard but I did not know if it would be the carbon one. Just though the door I spotted a tricked up carbon machine waiting for some lucky bloke to come and pick it up. The HP4 and a stock S1000RR were side by side and it gave me a good chance to see what the standard black trim would look like. There was not even a moments hesitation, I had to have the carbon. My bank manager might be happy with me only getting it next year but I'm very jealous of you HP4 owners right now. Tick-Tock, roll on summer 14 :)

I was lucky. I only waited 3 months for my HP4 carbon and that was only because someone had ordered it and then cancelled (Damn fool). I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. That was at DL Motorrad in Bristol too. I've got 520 miles on the clock now and will book it in for the first service and get the rev limiter taken off. Can't wait! You are going to love it when you get it mate. The harder you ride it the better it is!!

Ever since I tested the stock RR a few months ago my poor old GS has been getting hammered. I was doing this subconsciously until it dawned on me the other day that I was riding the GS all wrong, time to get a sports bike to ride like a sports bike, leaving the GS for two up and touring.

You certainly won't regret it I pick mine up last March and went to a CCS day at Silverstone on Saturday(20/07), had a great time.

I stepped away from bikes in 2004, when my boy was born.
The urge to return has been slowly getting stronger... Culminating in me ordering a HP4 Carbon from Lind Motorrad, Norwich today.
Coincided with another guy moving his date further on, so I got a Jan/Feb delivery date :woot:

i picked my HP4 up last week after trading in my s1000rr, 250 miles down in a week, looking to get another 100 on it tomorrow.

I have to say the suspension is a little stiffer but the way it corners as stunning.

Going to have it set up at hilltop next year to get the throttle response better

A bit bored at work this morning... Had a bit of a 'eurica' moment! Went to the DVLA site... Lo and behold, I now have an apt 'HP04' plate ;)
Small things...

its strange how they price them I paid a serious amount of money for the wife's plate T12ACY yet paid £400 for my Hayabusa plate HY13USA

Back